Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Jbean

First Post
"Mr Gord, my companions are correct. You will need to tell us something of these 'Eladrin' and of this ring. The slightest detail, that seems trivial to you, may strike a cord with one of us. It could give us an idea of how to best aid you."

[sblock=History Checks]On the off chance that Gord's 'Eladrin' or this ring have appeared anywhere in Galinndan's study of history.

The mysterious 'eladrin': 1d20+11=21, here
The ring: 1d20+11=13, here[/sblock]

taran

First Post
"And I think we should examine the area where you found it. There may be some clue as to who left it there, and why."

Musingly: "If someone stole the ring, why aren't these apparations chasing them? They found Mister Gord easily enough."

[sblock=Perception and Nature]And when we get to examine the area where the ring is found, here are some preemptive Peception and Nature checks:
Perception 14, Nature 16
Yuck. My passive perception is 22; maybe that will help.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=Galinndan]An Eladrin and a ring? No, that doesn't really ring a bell. However... Gord's story reminds you that till about 50 years ago, when the famed enchantress Arga the Black severed the link, the interior of Daunton's woods was connected to the Feywild. Distances were almost as misleading as in the Shifting Seas and the city was often endangered by all kinds of lurking creatures alien to this world.
Some explorers and woodcutters have recently reported occurences similar to those, though in smaller scale.[/sblock]

[sblock=Derien]The location is utterly uninsteresting. You don't notice much of interest at all. Well, except an utterly fascinating beetle crawling on the floor of the house...[/sblock]

As the inspection of the place where Gord found the ring proves a disappointment, the man takes a fearful look at the sun and urges you to go back inside, for the night draws near...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka’s patience with Gord seems to be wearing thin.

“Let me get this straight: you came to the tavern to hire a gaggle of mercenaries. Having dragged us all to your house, you say you want us to find a ring. A ring which you have yet to tell us how you lost. In fact, the only thing you will tell us about the job is that you don’t expect us to fight your tormenters.” Haruka smiles, but not with her eyes. “Are you expecting a diplomatic solution?”

She then pauses, as if considering the possibility.

“Actually, given that half of us are feytouched to some degree or another, that might actually work. I don’t suppose any of you-” she gestures towards Lorik, Galinndan, and Derien, “feel up to leading negotiations?

At this point Haruka notices the darkening sky.

“Huh. You say they come at night?”

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hurry! we must get back in!!
...as the shadows grow longer, a breeze moves the leafs. The branches of the trees resemble twisted arms, the noises of the wood seem intertwined with haunting voices, laughters, and an alarming feeling of anxiety and expectation.

[sblock=ooc]what are you going to do? Will you stay outside or get back in the house?[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]in case it wasn't clear, at the moment you are in a slightly uphill zone surrounded by trees. I'll wait for a majority to express an opinion before going on[/sblock]

Remove ads