RIP - Eric's Grandma

Nareau

Explorer
It's good to hear she was happy and well-loved until the end. Sounds like she's got a great family, and that she will be deeply missed.

While I suspect she never played a RPG in her life, she's probably one of the best-known figures of the gaming industry because of this site. Her iconic presence on this board has kept thousands of young people behaving themselves on the Net, and that's something to be proud of (even if she had no direct hand in it).

Godspeed, Eric's Grandma.

Nareau

EricNoah

Adventurer
Nareau said:
While I suspect she never played a RPG in her life...

Oddly, that's not true. I lived in the same town as her for a few years of my life, and it was during that time that I was introduced to D&D. Though she was a pretty religious person, she didn't seem to have too much of a problem with the idea of it. And I do vaguely recall trying to have her play for a bit. The only thing I remember is she kept pronouncing the word ogre as ... orgy. :eek:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My condolences to you and Kira, Eric. I think it's a wonderful thing that she was able to be a part of your life for so long. Thank you for kind of making her a part of ours, as well.

Mycanid

First Post
EricNoah said:
Oddly, that's not true. I lived in the same town as her for a few years of my life, and it was during that time that I was introduced to D&D. Though she was a pretty religious person, she didn't seem to have too much of a problem with the idea of it. And I do vaguely recall trying to have her play for a bit.

Sounds like a wonderful lady Eric ... I am truly sorry you have lost her.

May she continue to live in a much better life and may you join her there one day! ;)

Remove ads