Rip Nichelle Nichols

Arilyn

Hero
I had the honour of meeting one of my few celebrity heroes a few years ago. Nichelle Nichols came to a small convention in Prince George, BC. It's a lovely memory. She exuded kindness, grace and warmth.

Thank you Nichelle, for all your contributions and being an inspiration to so many. May you continue to shine bright.

Janx

Hero
We met her in 2018 or so at the local con. I'm sure she tells the tale all the time, but we talked about how she was going to quit the show, but Dr. Martin Luther King called her up and said she needed to stay. That her being there mattered.

Meeting her and George Takei is as close as I've been to Civil Rights history.

Nichelle was the proof that representation mattered. Having her on screen, in an important role inspired and changed minds.

Ryujin

Legend
We met her in 2018 or so at the local con. I'm sure she tells the tale all the time, but we talked about how she was going to quit the show, but Dr. Martin Luther King called her up and said she needed to stay. That her being there mattered.

Meeting her and George Takei is as close as I've been to Civil Rights history.

Nichelle was the proof that representation mattered. Having her on screen, in an important role inspired and changed minds.
Or, in the case of those of us who were children when we first got to see her on TV, formed minds.

Remove ads