• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (D&D3.5e; Closed!)

jkason

First Post
Becca Bot said:
We did this days ago, but I'm finally getting it up here.

All About Tish.

Happy, happy.

Cool stuff. I think Druids (being divine rather than arcane spellcasters) are exempt from the spell failure on armor. Or is the Urban Druid considered an Arcane caster?

Bront said:
This will be an... interesting party... of 9

Yeah, we're kind of a mob, aren't we? Of course, the attrition rate in PbP may take care of some of the crowding.

jason

dave_o

Explorer
Yah, I'd rather have too many at first than start with a perfect amount and then only end up with like three players. Besides, stuffing nine people in a prison cell is just something Trenchtown would do. :D

Lookin' good Biblio, just slap all that into a Rogue's Gallery thread when you get a chance.

Kiku -- give yourself a second domain, but co-pilot Bront's already handled that for me. :) I need more players like that.

And doghead I dunno about one butan Mac users but for PC if you wanna take a screen capture hit Print Screen on your keyboard and it copies whatever is on the screen to the clipboard. If you'd like to just take a cap of the window that's in focus (the one you clicked on last) it's Alt + Print Screen.

Then you just copy it into your image program of choice and crop away.

GAME GOES LIVE TOMORROW! :D

Becca Bot

First Post
doghead said:
Hey Mecha Becca

Nice work with the piccies. I had a fiddle with HeroMachine, but couldn't get a screen capture. *sigh*

Press your "print screen" button or get on AIM and I can do it for you. ;D Becca Bot 9000 -- Just send me all the script for the picture and I can set you up a nice, sized down pic on a link!

Edit to avoid doubling your pleasure, doubling your fun:

Bront said:
Nice pics, love the story.

This will be an... interesting party... of 9 :uhoh:

Gee, thanks! I read yours too (still working on reading all the others) and I loved it. I just didn't reply because no one had replied to any of them and I wanted to be cool. 8-B

And it won't be so interesting. I think your character and mine'll get along, if mine doesn't let her evil all hang out.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

I would like to create a simultaneous weapon, Sword/Gun combo. What craft skill(s) would be required for such a thing. It is similar to a double weapon except that instead of two separate attacks the weilder would make a double attack that would happen simultaneously. It could also be used for either of the two types individually. What I don't know is the price of guns. Probably have a -2 (or more, maybe -2 for double weapon and -2 for simultaneous weapon) to both attacks when used as a simultaneous weapon.

I am currently working on a human fighter that will hopefully become a necropolitan sometime in the future. His prison tie-in is:
Arrested for contraband. His new weapon was not registered correctly and he was deemed a threat to himself and others.

Becca Bot

First Post
jkason said:
Cool stuff. I think Druids (being divine rather than arcane spellcasters) are exempt from the spell failure on armor. Or is the Urban Druid considered an Arcane caster?

Yeah, we're kind of a mob, aren't we? Of course, the attrition rate in PbP may take care of some of the crowding.

jason

Just saw this. And I'm not sure. Dave made up the numbers for me. :p I'm still a bit new to the technical stuff. I pride myself on being a good roleplayer, and character creater, but that's about it for now. I'm learning the rules, tho, fear not. I can't always have him around.

And you know what? He suggested the armor he did. I'd be fine in just putting her in cloth, as the pictures suggest. The Hero Machine just doesn't really give a non-dorky-looking leather armor representation.

Borson

First Post
My RG thread is updated with feats, check them and see if it works for you... also the image link is just above the "Appearance" section. http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=158830

Tyson.jpg

doghead

thotd
Hey Becca Bot

Don't have AIM installed at the mo. But I can post the textie bit here if you want to have look see.

[sblock]2.0u*f1*Iannja sa Ishisejira nan Oriji*Hair:Standard,ponytail,cccc99,E7017F,100,100,23,Eyebrows:Standard,eyebrows1,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,21,Eyes:Standard,plain1,181818,FFFFFF,100,100,20,Nose:Standard,slash,AC814A,724D21,100,100,27,Mouth:Standard,stern,732C00,732C00,100,100,18,Beard:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,26,Ears:Standard,elf1,AC814A,8D6531,100,100,19,Skin:Standard,fraBlank,AC814A,CEA66B,100,100,6,Mask:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,22,Headgear:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,29,Undershirt:Standard,dressshirt,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,7,Overshirt:Standard,vest,8C8C8C,000000,100,100,8,Coat:Standard,trenchopen,181818,000000,100,100,25,RightGlove:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,17,LeftGlove:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,16,Insignia:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,9,Neckwear:Standard,gemscarf,CEBB9B,EE9F00,100,100,24,Belt:Standard,scabbard,2B0036,181818,100,100,15,Leggings:Standard,stripes,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,10,Overleggings:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,11,Pants:Standard,slacks,202020,070707,100,100,14,RightFoot:Standard,jackboot,6A0108,940018,100,100,13,LeftFoot:Standard,jackboot,6A0108,940018,100,100,12,Back:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,3,Wings:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,4,Tail:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,5,Aura:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,2,Companion:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,31,Background:Standard,slash2,101C42,8C8C8C,100,100,1,RightHand:Standard,scimitar,5A5A5A,9C9C9C,100,100,30,LeftHand:Standard,fraBlank,FF0000,FFF700,100,100,28,#[/sblock]

dave_o

Explorer
Tailspinner said:
I would like to create a simultaneous weapon, Sword/Gun combo. What craft skill(s) would be required for such a thing. It is similar to a double weapon except that instead of two separate attacks the weilder would make a double attack that would happen simultaneously. It could also be used for either of the two types individually. What I don't know is the price of guns. Probably have a -2 (or more, maybe -2 for double weapon and -2 for simultaneous weapon) to both attacks when used as a simultaneous weapon.

I am currently working on a human fighter that will hopefully become a necropolitan sometime in the future. His prison tie-in is:
Arrested for contraband. His new weapon was not registered correctly and he was deemed a threat to himself and others.

No gunblades, sorry. :\ But I can get you gun stats though I'd suggest just buying Sorcery & Steam off of Drive-Thru RPG since the PDF is only 5$ and definately worth it. :)

Firearms are simple weapons, and come in three varities -- matchlock, flintlock, and percussion cap. Matchlocks are the hardest to load with percussion caps being the easiest, and with that ease comes price.

You could still be stuffed in the can for having an unregistered firearm or something though. Or maybe walking around the city with a firearm/sword out and giving guff to the authories when they called you on it.

Borson said:

Picture looks rad, you still need to factor in the +2 to Balance and Escape Artist from having the Agile feat.

doghead said:
Picture stuff

Becca will get that ready for you ASAP, she's working out right now while I reign in our Jack Russell Terrorist. :D And as for Tish's armor, I know that Druids aren't effected by Arcane Spell Failure but I just went ahead and listed it because it's still there even if it doesn't apply right now.

KikuNoMaru -- Liend Caplin, Male Human Cleric 2
APPROVED! (+400xp for rad background; +400xp bonus total)
Becca Bot -- Tish, Female Elven Urban Druid 2
APPROVED! (+400xp for rad background, +500xp for portraits; +900xp bonus total)
Bibliophile -- ???, Male Dwarf Druid 2
Need appearance, background, and Rogue's Gallery thread.
doghead -- Iannja, Female Elven Noble 1/Sorcerer 1
APPROVED! (+400xp for rad background; +400xp bonus total)
Borson -- Tyson, Male Human Monk 2
Fix yer skills.
jkason -- Josh Mornston, Male Human Bard 2
APPROVED! (+400xp for awesome background, +200xp for portrait; +600xp bonus total.)
Bront -- Orb Kaftan, Female Human Bard 2
APPROVED! (+200xp for neato background, +300xp for portrait; +500xp bonus total)
Songdragon -- Makh Grimtooth, Male Bugbear Rogue 1
APPROVED! (+400xp for awesome background, +300xp for portrait; +700xp bonus total.)
JonnyFive -- Malaci Barago, Male Human Artificer 2
APPROVED! (+300xp for rad background, +200xp for portrait; +500xp bonus total)
Talespinner -- ???, Male Human Fighter 2
Need stats, appearance, background, and Rogue's Gallery thread.

Bear in mind I won't be "closing" the submissions until tomorrow when I can get at my computer, which will be anywhere from 5:00pm-9:00pm PST. Or PDT. Or whatever it is right now. Pacific Time. :D

And right now it looks like we're sitting at the lucky 10, which is fine with me as long as everyone works together, keeps their sheets updated, etc. I may or may not come up with my own format to have everyone convert their PCs to but if I do I'll make it as painless as possible to enter stuff into. It just saves a load of trouble to have everyone in the exact same format so I have more time to focus on story rather than hunting down your Will save.

Before I start the game I'll make a post here to make sure everyone's ducks are in a row, repost house rules, give a little summary of how I'd like posts to be formatted, that kind of thing.

And I'll likely start a new OOC thread so just we have a clean new thread. I'm stoked! :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads