Roger Clemens in pinstripes again

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
:eek: Roger Clemens just announced to the crowd from Steinbrenner's box that he's returning to pitch for the Yankees during the seventh inning stretch. Even the players were surprised.

kenobi65

First Post
The way Yankees pitching is going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to talk Ron Guidry out of retirement...he'd probably still be better than half of what they've got at the moment.

Great! He turns down St Louis and pitches for the YANKEES???? May he throw out his arm and a couple of ligaments while he's at it! PTTOOOIE!

Thunderfoot said:
Great! He turns down St Louis and pitches for the YANKEES???? May he throw out his arm and a couple of ligaments while he's at it! PTTOOOIE!

I think he's just playing for George.

Or, more specifically George's Checkbook.

St. Louis ain't got nothin' close.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
The Cardinals never had a chance. Clemens would have gone to Boston or stayed in Houston first. He knows St. Louis's World Series win was just a flash in the pan thing.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
This was what I expected. With the problems they Yankees are having with their pitching staff right now, he can come back, play OK and still be a hero to the team, so people won't question the money they are paying him.

If he showed up in Boston, he would likely be the 4th or maybe even 5th starter.

Good luck to Roger, the biggest mercenary in all of MLB (and these days, that is saying a lot).

jaerdaph said:
The Cardinals never had a chance. Clemens would have gone to Boston or stayed in Houston first. He knows St. Louis's World Series win was just a flash in the pan thing.
May you have a rabid camel spit in your jockey shorts!!!!

Remove ads