• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue 2nd level utility an encounter power

DanChops

First Post
Interesting tidbit from the KotSF spoilers (I got mine specifically from this thread over on the giantitp boards) - of the five second-level utility powers shown, only the Rogue's "Tumble" is an encounter power. The other four are all dailies. Not sure how siginificant this is, but I thought it was interesting at least.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
DanChops said:
Interesting tidbit from the KotSF spoilers (I got mine specifically from this thread over on the giantitp boards) - of the five second-level utility powers shown, only the Rogue's "Tumble" is an encounter power. The other four are all dailies. Not sure how siginificant this is, but I thought it was interesting at least.

I can only hope - desperately so - that it's not true.

What happened to the Half-Elf's multiclass power? Do they not get that now? Did they never get it?

The amount of trained skills don't seem to add up with stuff from DDXP either, wierd.

zoroaster100

First Post
ProfessorCirno, why do you hope that it's not true? Some powers have more drastic effects than others, so are balanced by being daily instead of per encounter. The character at certain levels gets to choose from various encounter and daily powers to fill a utility slot. In the pregens, the rogue chose a per encounter while the others chose more dramatic powers which can only be used daily, such as the fighter's Unstoppable power. Why is that a bad thing?

Wormwood

Adventurer
ProfessorCirno said:
I can only hope - desperately so - that it's not true.
Really? Why not?

Because Tumble, as written, looks like a damned good power. Definitely too good to be at-will (below Epic tier)

Last edited:

Ashardalon

First Post
We've already seen that utility powers can be dailies and encounters from the wizard spell spread, as far as I recall, and we have seen that again with other utility powers. We've also heard that there should be at-will utilities. I don't think it really means much.

Jack99

Adventurer
Wormwood said:
Really? Why not?

Because Tumble, as written, looks like a damned good power. Definitely too good to be at-will (below Epic tier)

Which is why it is an encounter power. When that is said, I think Prof.C thinks it should be an at-will power, since that's how it is in 3.5.

Cheers

Mercule

Adventurer
Jack99 said:
Which is why it is an encounter power. When that is said, I think Prof.C thinks it should be an at-will power, since that's how it is in 3.5.
That'd be my knee-jerk reaction, too. If tumble is too good to be at-will, then it should be nerfed a bit.

Of course, I haven't seen the power on paper, let alone in play. My opinion may take a 180 once I do see it.

Voss

First Post
Paper version: shift 3 squares as a move action, 1/encounter. There you go.
Wasn't this in the rogue article too?

Some of the other utilities seem a bit weak to be dailies. But I suspect that the utility powers are on a slightly different power scale- otherwise they'd be proper dailies or encounter powers.

Lacyon

First Post
Mercule said:
That'd be my knee-jerk reaction, too. If tumble is too good to be at-will, then it should be nerfed a bit.

Of course, I haven't seen the power on paper, let alone in play. My opinion may take a 180 once I do see it.

I thought that Tumble should be at-will for a bit, but I've changed my mind.

If want to be constantly avoiding OAs, well, that's what AC is for. Right?

Remove ads