• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue's At-Will Sly Flourish, is it too good ?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
So a cave bear's "Frenzy" attack would bypass the effect? That seems like a bit of a ripoff.

There are four types of attack - ranged, melee, close, and area.

Dance of Death allows you to alter an opponent's melee attacks. It doesn't allow you to alter an opponent's ranged, close, or area attacks.

A fighter can't use Power Attack with Sweeping Blow. Sweeping Blow is a close attack, and Power Attack applies to melee attacks. (Also, a fighter could use Sweeping Blow with a longbow if he wanted, though he wouldn't gain the special Str bonus.)

A ranger who rolls a critical with Spray of Arrows does not grant the Precise Hunter bonus to his allies; Spray of Arrows is a close attack, and Precise Hunter triggers off a critical with a ranged attack.

-Hyp.

Nail

First Post
+5 dex, +3 proficiency (dagger atm), +1 dagger (for being a rogue), +1 magical, +1 level = +11 to hit at lvl 2. He picked up a feat as well, so when he has combat advantage (most of the time) that increases to +14.... before any buffs/debuffs.
The feat Nimble Blade? that'd be a +1 bonus, not +2.

And that +2 Dex-race rogue put an 18 into his Dex...which means he's deficient in things that don't involving hitting stuff. A beginning 18 (+ racial) hurts just about everyone except Wizards.....

keterys

First Post
The feat Nimble Blade? that'd be a +1 bonus, not +2.

He said +11 to +14 with combat advantage - so +2 from CA, +1 from NB.

And that +2 Dex-race rogue put an 18 into his Dex...which means he's deficient in things that don't involving hitting stuff. A beginning 18 (+ racial) hurts just about everyone except Wizards.....
Honestly, I think rogues can get away with it just as well. In fact, I think I'd rather do it with a number of rogue builds more than any wizard builds I'd play.

Not sure what you expect from the rogue besides hitting stuff.

Dex influences to hit/damage/ac/reflex/initiative/rogue skills ... all important to the rogue.

He's better off than even the wizard taking that 18 imho.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads