• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Roleplayed" - My new Short Film! Weeeee!

Masquerade

First Post
I can see why it isn't for everyone, but for some unexplainable reason or another, I loved it. Marvelous work! Sharing with friends now . . .

Roger

First Post
Am I the only person who thought, relatively early on:

This is the freakiest bunch of LARPers I've seen in a good long while

?

Anyway, I generally liked it.

Cheers,
Roger

Old Gumphrey

First Post
GeoFFields said:
I agree. What was the point in this? The only reason I sat through all of it is I was "told" to watch it.

Right cause you would have been in trouble if you didn't. Gimme a break...if you don't like something fine, really annoys me when people rag on stuff and they can't even explain why.

Greylock

First Post
Insults? Check. Suggestions of incest? Check. Gamers are losers? Check. Poor use of cuss words, frequently? Check. Toss out a pretty babe so that those who dislike any of the above are distracted? Check. Wrap it all up nice and tidy with a false ironic ending? Check.

Place it in a popular gaming forum and make an obligatory post or two elsewhere so that the post is not registered as pure and unaduterated spam? Check.

This is spam, and it is not grandma friendly.

I've seen many other posts/threads last far shorter than this.

And on top of it all, it is horribly unfunny, unlike Fear of Girls or somesuch.

hth

Chad Peter

First Post
LOL. Thanks, Greylock. I have long wondered either way just how many people would allow for newcomers to drop by and insert actual content into a forum site. Because, as we all know, forums operate entirely without content and users always love newbs.

Dragonlancer - do you have Quicktime 7 (or higher) or VLC installed on your computer? it will not play without either of those options.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I spent 5 years getting a BFA in Motion Picture Production and have made a few shorts myself. I don't get a chance to really do much movie-wise lately, so I'll toss a few notes at you.

• Too long. Sorry, but it's true. The payoff or punchline especially goes on too long. We get it after the first 30 seconds or so. Overall, the film could be cut down to 5 minutes or so. Yeah, I know it sucks. Believe me, I hated everytime we had to lose scenes or parts of scenes that we'd shot - and we shot on film, making it really expensive to do so. But sometimes we just could see that it had to be done, what they call "killing your babies." A friend of mine is a freelance editor in LA (hey, a film she worked on showed at Sundance this year! Yay Jaime!), and if I get the chance I'll have her look at it and see what she says (no promises, as she's in the middle of planning her wedding next month!).
  • Technically, the film looks great. I assume you shot on digital. The lighting is generally nice. Nice camera work, overall.
  • Your actors are pretty good, especially for an independent film like this. Finding decent actors can be a very laborious process, I know.
  • The whole incest theme going on there is so out of left field, and so creepy, that it kinda overshadows everything else. I think I know what you were trying to get at, given the ending, but it was really distracting.

A pretty decent effort, overall. Better than a lot of stuff I've seen.

Menexenus

First Post
For some reason, I am getting no sound when I try to play it. I downloaded Quicktime 7.1 just a few weeks ago. When I click Play, I get the pictures, but no sound. (Sound is working for other apps on my computer.)

Any idea why I'm unable to hear it?

Melkor

Explorer
Chad,

I thought it was funny. Thanks for sharing.

I'll pass that around to my gaming group. I think a couple of them will find it funny as well.

Remove ads