Roll That 20!!!

Scribble

First Post
Does anyone else out there feel happy when a player, while close to death and rolling his/her death saves manages to roll a natural 20?

On the outside I keep my calm and cool DM composure.... but on the inside I'm yelling "YES!!!" just like all the other players...

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
My dragonborn wizards has done that twice- most recently just last night. He got back on his feet and ray of frosted a orc cleric, hastening the bad guy's end.

our biggest 20 of the night was certainly our chronically-low-rolling warlock criting with his daily on that same orc leader. We actually tpook a photo of that die, for posterity.

I can't speak for our DM but I think he was pretty happy with those outcomes!

--Z

Jack99

Adventurer
/signed

We have already had several very memorable incidents with people coming back from 2 failed death saves and/or saving the day at the end by rolling that 20.

I <3 the feature.

Shroomy

Adventurer
A natural 20 on a death saving throw is an awesome thing. However, its only happened once in our games (we don't actually have too many of us reach 0 hit points).

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
Our DM rolled three 1's in a row last time we played. What is that, like .0125% chance? The first time, we responded as usual, "Good, good," the second we were like, "Haha, those guys suck!" but after the third time, we knew we were fated to Reign Supreme that session, heh.

Scribble

First Post
A natural 20 on a death saving throw is an awesome thing. However, its only happened once in our games (we don't actually have too many of us reach 0 hit points).

I think it's actualy happened only 2 times in our campaign so far... But I find I'm routing for it with every death save the PCs make. Again outside, I'm calm cool and collected DM... Inside I'm like "Come on you can do it! Roll that 20!"

EATherrian

First Post
It's become so rare that I roll a 20 I am always excited. When it's for something really important like the death save, I am jump in the air excited. The dice give the game it's mystery and I still love watching the rolls to this day.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
In our short-lived PbP KotS field game, all but one character was out in the battle with Irontooth. Then, one my last death save any someone's second to last one, we both rolled Nat 20's!

Wasn't enough to save us: Good old Irontooth would've smacked us (were were only down down to dailies). But what a story! :)

Remove ads