• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roll That 20!!!

Alan Shutko

Explorer
In one encounter... I think it was with Irontooth, we had THREE CHARACTERS pop back up with natural 20s. Five characters, two down and stabilized. Two more went down, with just the wizard back up. Two of us pop back up, with the fighter suddenly going into overdrive and rolling like a god. Wizard goes down, warlock goes down again, wizard pops back up with a 20. Fighter goes down, wizard ends the encounter.

Unfortunately, the fighter and warlock both failed death saves after that and died. But what a way to go!

Gort

Explorer
In one encounter... I think it was with Irontooth, we had THREE CHARACTERS pop back up with natural 20s. Five characters, two down and stabilized. Two more went down, with just the wizard back up. Two of us pop back up, with the fighter suddenly going into overdrive and rolling like a god. Wizard goes down, warlock goes down again, wizard pops back up with a 20. Fighter goes down, wizard ends the encounter.

Unfortunately, the fighter and warlock both failed death saves after that and died. But what a way to go!

Seems like rolling like that is the only way to beat that encounter if you do it immediately after the previous one.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I DM a bimonthly game and play in a weekly game, and I still haven't seen this happen. Not due to a lack of PCs going down either (especially my own).

Remove ads