Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
The mine tunnel leads almost straight into the heart of the rock, canted slightly to one side and low enough in places that the taller races need to travel with bent backs. The tunnel walls and roof are rough cut from the orange-coloured stone of Tigerskin Gorge, and the floor is damp and stony.

The air within is warm and moist, and somewhere ahead comes the steady sound of dripping water, echoing. Ape finds tiny traces of caustic slime on the walls and floor.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Okay, I can take the lead on this. :))

Annika makes a flowing gesture with her hand, and little fireballs arise from her palm. About the same size and brightness of torches, they move ahead into the mine while floating in midair. Ten feet ahead they stop, as if waiting.

When Annika follows them in, they continue moving, maintaining that distance to light the tunnel ahead.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"I will try to let the place speak to me...".
Ape says softly as he follows her. "I have to stick my light on things, which makes them obvious targets.
Do you see the trace remains? The oozes came though here!"

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Or maybe they are baby oozes? Keep the light, I'll be up front."

Mystal climbs the wall and scampers up on the wall, nearly hanging from the ceiling. He moves parallel to the light and peers into the darkness.

ahayford

First Post
Glip hefts his shield onto his back and ignites a small torch from his supplies. He glances at the magic lights.

I will carry my own light....my people do not like dark cramped places. Vile things tend to live in the deeps. <pop> Hungry, vile things.

Glips follows the group deep into the cave.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ChaarrEWPortrait.png

Chaarr murmurs a quick prayer to his ancestors, asking for their protection in this endeavor as he moves forward with his companions.

[sblock=Actions]Start spamming Resistance.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The slime doesn't seem to be moving, and is mostly dried out; more likely traces as Ape guesses than small oozes as Mystal reckons.

The group moves deeper into the tunnel, Mystal moving ahead slightly in front of Annika's arcane lights. It delves more or less straight into the earth, with a few kinks left, right, up and down as it follows the rock strata. After a few minutes there is a narrow shaft on the right-hand side, with a ladder leading up and down. The shaft is rough-cut and just about wide enough for a human-sized creature to squeeze through. Just beyond the shaft, the tunnel forks. The right-hand branch is wider and slopes upwards. The left-hand branch is narrower, another squeeze for human-sized creatures, and slopes downwards. The warm and stuffy air is stirred by a cool breeze from the rightwards tunnel, but Mystal notices more slime trails on the leftward tunnel.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"We always wind up in dark, cramped spaces underground," Annika complains as she turns sideways to try to get more clearance from the walls. "There must be some evil brewing on a high mountaintop, or on a rolling plain under the stars somewhere. Just to shake things up a bit."

She flinches as she touches the rough-hewn wall of the tunnel and adds, "I can't believe men actually worked here. How could they even use tools in this tiny excuse for space?"

At the fork she looks right, noting the grade and stirring of air, then looks at Mystal with pathetic hope in her puppy-dog eyes.

This way? Right? Up this way? RIGHT?!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal leads the way deeper into the cavern. He hold ready oil flask, just in case.
"Annika, do not be afraid to burn everything around me, mists will protect me from the heat. If we get in trouble, I'm not afraid of a fireball or two."

OOC: left path

Remove ads