Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glip applies a flask of alchemist's fire to the slime, an easy task since it blocks the entire corridor. Where the fiery liquid burns, the slime darkens and hardens, sloughing off in flaming chunks that zip blue fire to the ground and sputter out. The slime creature, evidently hurt by this attack, moves away down the corridor, opening it up. There is a waft of cool damp air from beyond and Chaarr, with his attuned underground senses, can tell that the tunnel opens out into a large cavern.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Just want to say, I haven't forgotten about this game...I was just hoping someone else would post something, since I had the last PC post, and my character would probably not take the lead here...but the game must go on. Unless I'm the only one left? :( )

Annika breathes in the chill, moist air and scowls even more deeply. "Water AND underground. And before that? Sewers."

She grudgingly sends her wisps of illuminating flame into the cavern ahead, and if she doesn't spot anything immediately dangerous...follows them in, still grumbling.

"Next time we climb mountains. In the desert."

ahayford

First Post
Glip looks around at the group and shrugs.

The fire seems to have done its job. The beast has moved itself from our path....Though I worry it may return.

He taps his pack lightly.

Luckily, I have prepared for such...eventualities.

Glip slips his shield onto his forearm and continues down the tunnel, doing his best to shield his companions from the slime, or any other threat that might present itself.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just a quick quip: use Mystal as you see fit to not hold the game up. He would indeed go scouting. I try to keep up, but it's hard to post from the beach :) I'll be back soon (next saturday)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The tunnel opens out into a broad cavern, the ceiling a flat strata of rock that slopes up and away from the tunnel entrance. A jumble of scree and debris drops away to the cavern floor, which vanishes beneath a pool of dark water, so still that it at first appears like a bottomless pit.

By the light of Annika's magic you can see creatures moving in this cavern. The slime that was blocking the passage is oozing its way down the pile of spoil. Two more blobs of slime are moving in the shallows of the water. Below, on the uneven shores of the pool are two humanoid creatures, like men constructed of slime. Annika and Ape have met one of these before, in the mining camp.

Across the lake there is an outcropping upon which is a crudely carved throne. A robed figure sits on the throne, clutching a staff. Another ooze-man stands to one side of it, and a small winged creature flits over its head.

"Have you come to seek perfection?" asks the robed figure in a voice like the smacking of lips.

[sblock=Chaarr]
Chaar hears a voice in his head, calling "Help me!"
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
On the map, #1 is the robed figure, #2-5 are the ooze-men and #6 is the small winged creature. The circles are the ooze-blobs.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern.jpg
    Cavern.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 66

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Dr. Simon]{Be at ease - we shall do what we can to rescue you. If you have the means, any resistance to the wizards commands to you would be helpful to our cause.}[/sblock]

The tiny Uran speaks very softly to his compatriots. "The staff the wizard holds is intelligent, and is kept against its will. Taking it from him will greatly reduce his powers."

Remove ads