Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Shayuri

First Post
Annika looks at the others with her, then back at the mage. She starts approaching at a very cautious pace.

"Maybe... What do you mean by perfection? What are these slime monsters everywhere? Do you control them?"

ahayford

First Post
Glip's fingers tense as he watches Annika move forward to address the wizard. He decides to let the woman attempt to get as much information from him as possible...possibly even tricking him into releasing the staff. He quickly judges the distance to the man, taking the opportunity to get as close as can, lest he need to attempt to disarm him by force.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"He's too far for me to teleport, by I can take someone over the ceiling. Glip or changed Annika."

Mystal fades into background and starts climbing over the party. Not sure about detection capabilities of humanoids and flying critter, he stays close.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Chaarr moves along behind Annika, matching her pace. As he moves his hands flutter about and he's murmuring almost under his breath.

"Lame puternik."

[sblock=Actions]Move along with Annika, cast Lead Blades.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Monsters?" says the robed figure with a hint of affront in its voice. "These are perfect forms. Free from want, free from doubt, free from unecessary desires. Once they were hapless creatures of dust like you, but I made them anew. I can do the same for you."

The slime creatures, both the blobs and the ones that still bear some humanoid shape, stop moving. The humanoid ones turn to regard the group with empty faces. The blobs... well, they might be looking, it's hard to tell.

[SBLOCK="Knowledge (religion) 12+"]
The robed figure is describing a warped version of the Path of Six Energies, a philosophy that rejects bodily matters to enable freedom of thought and spirit.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika carefully doesn't look at Charr, hoping his incantation might go unnoticed. She raises her voice a bit to try to keep the other man's attention.

"I notice you haven't perfected yourself yet, then. How can someone who's not perfect claim to raise others to perfection?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
In response the hooded figure merely gives a wet-sounding chuckle and draws back its hood, to reveal a blob-like "head" with no features. You notice, too, that its "hands" are featureless pseudopods.

"I am more than perfect," it says. "Come, you must join us... or die."

ahayford

First Post
Glip prepares himself, getting ready to attempt a disarm attack against the creature. He decides to give Annika one more chance to talk to the creature before he strikes.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glip prepares himself, getting ready to attempt a disarm attack against the creature. He decides to give Annika one more chance to talk to the creature before he strikes.

OOC: Note from the map that the party are on an outcropping on one side of a pool of water, and staff-gut is on an outcropping on the other, so anyone wanting to disarm him is going to need to cross it first.

Remove ads