• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rope Trick: any advances?

Is there a more advanced option for a party to use to rest-up in a dungeon (or similar) if they don't want to be seen than rope trick? Given that spell can be found with another second-level spell (see invisibility), and dispelled with relative ease, what else can a party do? I'm particularly thinking of options that don't involve planar travel.

Thanks

Jack Simth

First Post
Magnificient Mansion has been mentioned.

Disintegrate, Necklaces of Adaptation, and Wall of Stone (dig a hole, hop in, cover it up).

Really, though, there's a reason that it's the choice for stealthy resting.

mvincent

Explorer
LordMelquiades said:
Is there a more advanced option for a party to use to rest-up in a dungeon (or similar) if they don't want to be seen than rope trick? Given that spell can be found with another second-level spell (see invisibility), and dispelled with relative ease
Cast Nondetection on the Rope trick opening.

There is always the portable hole + Mirror of Mental Prowess option mentioned here.

Last edited:

Jhulae

First Post
There's a Secure Shelter type spell (5th level) that provides camouflage for the shelter it creates. It's from the Spell Compendium, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks all

The specifics of the situation is that the area is protected with Forbiddance from planar travel, including teleportation, which eliminates some options. Thanks for the Spell Compendium tip--I'll take a look.

Disintegrate, Necklaces of Adaptation, and Wall of Stone (dig a hole, hop in, cover it up).
Ha! That's great!

Cast Nondetection on the Rope trick opening.
I wondered about that, but it wouldn't protect against see invis, would it?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
LordMelquiades said:
I wondered about that, but it wouldn't protect against see invis, would it?
IMHO:
1/ Nondetection fails against see invisibility (not a Detect spell, nor a remote viewing spell).
2/ Rope trick is not a creature or object, and thus you can't cast nondetection on it anyway.

Cheers, -- N

Jack Simth

First Post
LordMelquiades said:
Ha! That's great!
Goes better with Illusory Wall to make the place look unchanged (cast Illusory Wall before the Wall of Stone - they look, they see a wall; they touch, they feel a wall. Costs a lot of spells, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads