• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Round III is OVER

ackron

First Post
SPELL MASTERY [SPECIAL]

Time for some new ideas.
I have never seen anyone take this, it could dissappear and I think most people wouldn't even notice.

Lasher Dragon

First Post
My halfe-ogre fighter/barbarian loves that he can sleep in his mithral fullplate because of Endurance. Also nice that I still get my 40 movement rate. He is a freight train. :] I kinda picture him like "The Mountain That Rides" from A Game of Thrones.

Pigeon

First Post
Steel_Wind said:

Oh Come on!!

Hey it was my vote and I'll do with it as I please. Sheesh.

The whole counterspelling thing just strikes me as extreamly frustrating. I can't stand it when my games get bogged down with all these niggly rules. I fully admit that's just me, and I can apreciate that some people enjoy poring over the rulebooks and coming up with the "best combination". That stuff's not for me - hence my vote.

Liolel

First Post
I'll have to vote for endurance. Rather weak and situational compared to most other feats and theres only a few situations where I would think about taking it. If medium armor was better, then the ability to sleep in it might be nice, however thats not the case.

Tinner

First Post
Since you got rid of all the +2/+2 to skills feats, can we also get rid of the +2 save feats?
I'd like to see Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, and Great Fortitude get the boot.
Sure sometimes people take them, but it's only to cover the weakest save they have, and most often, that measly +2 isn't enough to save them when they really need it.
Kick 'em off the island IMO.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Kerrick said:
Have to go with Endurance. I've only seen that feat used when it's required for a PrC or another feat.

The feat permits the wearer to wear armour when sleeping. That's the real bonus and purpose of endurance.

Every PC fighter in my campaign who can spare a feat takes endurance for this reason. Otherwise, an encounter while camped at night can be devastating.

While I am finding this thread to be now useless for its stated purpose, it's very illiuminating to see how other groups play and don't use the RAW. The only reason players are not taking these feats is becasuse their DMs are clearly running a campaigns where the important advantages/disadvantages these things are meant to overcome or confer play no role.

darkelfo

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
While I am finding this thread to be now useless for its stated purpose, it's very illiuminating to see how other groups play and don't use the RAW. The only reason players are not taking these feats is becasuse their DMs are clearly running a campaigns where the important advantages/disadvantages these things are meant to overcome or confer play no role.

I find these threads quite useful. First, they show a lot of waste in the Cores Rules that can be cleaned up (hopefull) in future editions. Second, the vigorous defense of some Feats so far has shed light on how some seldom-used Feats are actually pretty useful.

It's also interesting to hear what some people use and do not use in their games. The Rules As Written are just a start and GM's are free to modify them. As discussed above, a lot of the Rules As Written are pretty whacked out. The +2/+2 Feats are clearly filler for example.

Remove ads