RPG Crowdfunding News – Trinity Continuum, T2 Judgment Day, BIG BADS, and more

This week’s article shares a sampling of RPG crowdfunding projects that end between April 14 to 24. This week is heavy on 5e monsters and combat options but there was still room for Trinity Continuum and The Terminator. This list is pulled from crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter, Backerkit, Crowdfundr, GameFound, GameOnTabletop, IndieGoGo, and more.

This week, I share a sampling of RPG crowdfunding projects that end between April 14 to 24. This article is heavy on 5e monsters and combat options but there was still room for Trinity Continuum and The Terminator. These options are pulled from crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter, Backerkit, Crowdfundr, GameFound, GameOnTabletop, IndieGoGo, and more.

The Terminator RPG- T2 Judgment Day.jpg

The Terminator RPG: T2 Judgment Day from Nightfall Games
  • END DATE: Thu, April 20 2023 5:30 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): S5S
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £40 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The Terminator RPG gets its first expansion, and it’s the one you’d most want: Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Add the T-1000 to the foe list as well as the option to play as a Terminator, both cool features for this storyline. This sourcebook gives you the Resistance’s Time Displacement Commandos, options to play in any timeline, and movie characters to add to your game. If The Terminator franchise speaks to you, this sourcebook is a must have.

Monster & Character Encounters.jpg

MACE: Monster & Character Encounters from Jeshields
  • END DATE: Fri, April 14 2023 8:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): OSR and Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $15 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the zine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Jeshields is back! Known for his stock art, the artist stepped away from RPG creating in favor of full-time employment; however, the itch to create RPGs never left. To fill that need, he’s returning and moving into publishing. MACE: Monster & Character Encounters offers 50 OSR/5e monsters (dual stats for different versions of the engines that run D&D) plus their traps and treasure options. If you’re unsure if you need these monsters, check out the campaign page for the image of the eye thieves to see the types of creatures you can expect or the full-page entry for the Gore Ox to see how the information is laid out.

New +1 weapons for D&D and Mythological weapons.jpg

New +1 weapons for D&D and Mythological weapons from Raúl Calvillo
  • END DATE: Sun, April 16 2023 12:19 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG sourcebooks
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: MX$115 for the PDFs of both books
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This week, there are two RPG campaigns hailing from Mexico. For the first campaign, Raúl Calvillo brings you some 5e weapons and armor upgrades. Adding rarer and culturally significant weapons options, this book is available in English and Spanish. If you’re looking for more 5e combat equipment choices, this campaign is worth reviewing.

Curious Encounters - Forest for 5E.jpg

Curious Encounters - Forest for 5E from GMs Atelier
  • END DATE: Mon, April 24 2023 1:27 AM EDT.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventures
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: MX$40 for the PDF of the adventures
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This campaign is another from Mexico, and it compliments the one above. Offering ten 5e adventures, this book has some puzzles, dungeons, and monsters in its 50 pages. The scenarios offer a variety of encounters, but the one that speaks to me is “Voices of the Past” in which the PCs find a family’s cave paintings that contain some of the family's spirit as they try to avert a tragedy. If you need encounters for your characters, this might be worth reviewing.

Tomb of the Undying Empress- An Adventure for PF2 & 5e.jpg

Tomb of the Undying Empress: An Adventure for PF2 & 5e from Beyond the Horizon
  • END DATE: Thu, April 20 2023 5:21 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition and Pathfinder 2e
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: €15 for the PDF and POD discount options for the 5e and PF2e versions of the adventure plus all of Beyond the Horizon’s PDFs
  • DISCLAIMER: Kim Frandsen was my editor at the Open Gaming Network years ago. I am not involved in this project
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Investigate the remains of an evil empress’ palace. She ruled a small nation and sought power from a Great Old One. What could go wrong? This adventure is for 3rd or 4th level characters using 5e or PF2e. While this is not a MÖRK BORG adventure, the set up sounds like it could be so expect some deadly traps as you navigate through the palace. If that appeals to you, check out the campaign.

Trinity Continuum Player's Guide (Tabletop RPG).jpg

Trinity Continuum Player's Guide (Tabletop RPG) from Onyx Path Publishing
  • END DATE: Apr 20, 2023 at 11:00am PDT.
  • CROWDFUNDING ON: Backerkit
  • SYSTEM(S): Storypath System
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF, POD discount, and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? For fans of Onyx Path Publishing’s Trinity Continuum, this book is a must have. The Player’s Guide offers new mechanics and features for your game. Using the Storypath System (similar to the World of Darkness engine), this game tells the story of individuals that can alter reality. This book gives you more options to bend the universe to your will. If you’re a fan of Trinity Continuum, visit Backerkit for more details on this book.
BIG BADS.jpg

BIG BADS from Hit Point Press
  • END DATE: Thu, April 20 2023 3:01 PM EDT.
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $99 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of both books plus the box, GM screen, community copies, STL files, and pitch a monster
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Two books, over 500 pages of 5e monsters, bosses, minions, and magic items. There are other monster manuals, but this one stands out by offering more detail on their monsters and, more importantly, offering big boss monsters. 25 bosses plus minions means you’re going to have a lot of campaign dominators to throw at your players. Check out the campaign page for the link to a free preview.

Worldbuilder and Game Master's Guide to Culture and Lore.jpg

Worldbuilder and Game Master's Guide to Culture and Lore from Ty Hulse
  • END DATE: Sun, April 23 2023 3:32 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This book offers thoughts and ideas to help you craft original cultures for your fantasy campaigns. “Using cultural psychological and anthropological theories,” you’ll build unique societies to populate your world. In addition, Ty Hulse’s artwork for this project is beautiful. If you want to build a better campaign world, the ideas shared here may open up new ways of thinking as you craft your setting.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
*dual stats

The T2 book instantly makes the Terminator RPG more appealing to me. While studio nonsense is at the root of it, the fact of the matter is that the franchise is now a tangled mess of alternate timelines, and being able to move through them (minus Christian Bale screaming at everyone at your table) is pretty compelling, as is playing a "good" Terminator, as seen in so many of the films.

For people who want to sample more Big Bads, Hit Point Press has a number of them for free on their website (you will need to buy them for zero dollars through their store). While most of the ones I've read can't really anchor a campaign, they're definitely good villains for an extended arc, including a very creepy take on the Tooth Fairy. (You read that right.)

Last edited:

*dual stats

The T2 book instantly makes the Terminator RPG more appealing to me. While studio nonsense is at the root of it, the fact of the matter is that the franchise is now a tangled mess of alternate timelines, and being able to move through them (minus Christian Bale screaming at everyone at your table) is pretty compelling, as is playing a "good" Terminator, as seen in so many of the films.

For people who want to sample more Big Bads, Hit Point Press has a number of them for free on their website (you will need to buy them for zero dollars through their store). While most of the ones I see can't really anchor a campaign, they're definitely good villains for an extended arc, including a very creepy take on the Tooth Fairy. (You read that right.)
Updated the dual. Thank you.
Now I want Christian Bale as my GM! I don't imagine he'd acknowledge my use of an X-card! :p

I've been keeping track of D&D 5e settings lately. So that means keeping an eye on crowdfunding campaigns that feature setting content. Here's what I'm currently tracking that is close to or has achieved full funding.
Excellent! I see you're on the "List the Third-Party 5th Edition Campaign Settings" thread. Thanks for keeping that list going! :)

Remove ads

Remove ads