• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Map Images Resource?

Camelot

Adventurer
I've recently downloaded MapTools, which I'm sure many of you out there use, and I want to make my own maps for it. Does anyone know of any good resources for images to use in maps? For example: trees, bushes, chairs, tables, viewed from the top. Google searching for every little thing is a tad challenging.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I've recently downloaded MapTools, which I'm sure many of you out there use, and I want to make my own maps for it. Does anyone know of any good resources for images to use in maps? For example: trees, bushes, chairs, tables, viewed from the top. Google searching for every little thing is a tad challenging.

Cartographers' Guild - is a great source for maps, VT ready maps, map objects like: trees, buildings, rocks, bridges, even people, etc.

Lots of MapTools users are Cartographers' Guild members including MapTool programmers and Forum site members like Dorpond.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Welcome to MapTool! I'm always happy to help folks with MapTool questions.

As for this particular question, my answer over on the blog talks about a gigantic file with tons of images, textures, etc. that I've personally found very useful for drawing maps in MapTool. You can download that file directly here.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Keep in mind that the original poster seems to be looking for resources to make his own maps (objects, textures, etc.) rather than finished maps to download. Those are awesome, too, though!

Remove ads