RPGObjects: Boss for a day

ragboy

Explorer
Vigilance said:
The big dilemma with Legends books is the time. That research is a huge time sink, so we started to look at ways to shave time off mechanically (since the research is what it is and isn't going anywhere).

I haven't paid much attention to you guys lately (not because of your products...everything I've seen so far stuns me in its completeness within the d20 ruleset), so 'enlighten' me if you already have this:

Legends of Enlightenment

I guess Northern Crown has some of this covered, but I'd really like to see this time period covered globally. It's my favorite era and I just finished Confusion by Stephenson...

Vigilance

Explorer
ragboy said:
I haven't paid much attention to you guys lately (not because of your products...everything I've seen so far stuns me in its completeness within the d20 ruleset), so 'enlighten' me if you already have this:

Legends of Enlightenment

I guess Northern Crown has some of this covered, but I'd really like to see this time period covered globally. It's my favorite era and I just finished Confusion by Stephenson...

We were considering Legends of the Renaissance at one point. It might still happen. Legends of the Dark Ages, the first in a series of European fantasy books didn't do quite as well as we hoped though.

I think that's the closest thing to what you're talking about. There's still a chance it might happen. Legends of the Dark Ages was a different formula from the other legends books in terms of pagecount and the way it was structured, which might have made it less popular, or it might have been the topic (Dark Ages Europe might have been *too* close to baseline D&D, as opposed to Excalibur and Samurai which went for a much different gaming feel than D&D).

Of course part of the problem is (as you've probably noticed) I don't have a clear handle on *why* Dark Ages didn't do as good as Legends of Excalibur or Samurai.

Still, the effect it had was to move the European books I planned to do (the original plan was Legends of the Dark Ages, Legends of Middle Ages and Legends of the Renaissance) at least until after Legends of Rome, which for a company our size might mean a year or so.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Considering this thread has so many posters, someone might want to second the nomination of RPGObjects over in the Fan Favorite nomination thread...

kingpaul

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Considering this thread has so many posters, someone might want to second the nomination of RPGObjects over in the Fan Favorite nomination thread...
I can't because I freelance for them. :D

Remove ads