• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPTools Online Tabletop Games..your experiences?

trevorscroft

First Post
Goonalan, I've activated your account manually (username: goonalan), not sure why phpbb2 isn't sending emails consistently.

IM -> Instant Message, PM -> Private Message (typically via a forum account).

You can get all my contact info from here:

http://forums.rptools.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3

It sounds like a quick session together would help a lot. Email me a time that works for you.

For the fog replacement, it sounds like you still had the topology tool selected as that's what makes blue squares, check that you have the "Fog" button selected on the toolbar (which is different than the topology tool).

trevorscroft

First Post
Campaign Received.

Interesting. Looks like you have 83 tokens that are all trying to figure out what they can see when it should really only be doing it for things that can see (that is, barrels should not be calculating visible area). This is a side effect of the recent vision rebuild.

This is a fantastic test case, I've got a new MapTool build going out tonight, let me see if I can tweak it to work more intelligently. I might not be able to get that into tonight's build, but if not, what you can do immediately is to drag-select all tokens then right click one of them and do Change To->Object. They should all move to the stamp layer, preventing them from calculating vision. You can then move your actual tokens back to the token layer and you should have a useable campaign.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
trevorscroft said:
Campaign Received.

Interesting. Looks like you have 83 tokens that are all trying to figure out what they can see when it should really only be doing it for things that can see (that is, barrels should not be calculating visible area). This is a side effect of the recent vision rebuild.

This is a fantastic test case, I've got a new MapTool build going out tonight, let me see if I can tweak it to work more intelligently. I might not be able to get that into tonight's build, but if not, what you can do immediately is to drag-select all tokens then right click one of them and do Change To->Object. They should all move to the stamp layer, preventing them from calculating vision. You can then move your actual tokens back to the token layer and you should have a useable campaign.

Done that. works a treat, until you move the actual tokens back to the token layer and it starts with the go-slow again, caluclating visible area etc.

So it works, only not so fast when the bad guy tokens appear.

Thanks as always.

trevorscroft

First Post
Goonalan said:
Done that. works a treat, until you move the actual tokens back to the token layer and it starts with the go-slow again, caluclating visible area etc.

So it works, only not so fast when the bad guy tokens appear.

Thanks as always.

Looking at the campaign file, there is a lot of topology lines. The best strategy is to use as few lines as possible (reduce the number of calculations). I've sent you an updated campaign that feels snappy, let me know how it goes !

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads