• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rrai-kesh's Dojo of Clawed Fury! *All students read new proclimation!!*

Ciaran

First Post
Rusty charges into the cave, followed by a flock of his weird animal friends. He yells, "Hey Master! I beat Ash'lon!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Good fighting, Rrusty. Unfortunately, Kestrel's defeat adds a loss to our record as well. But with yourr victorry added to my defeat of the villain Kendaz, ourr Dojo rrecord now stands at 26 victorries, and only 11 defeats!"

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
"As you noted, I lost to the white belt Lotus. It was honorable combat." Kestrel bows and leaves the cave to seek her next opponent.

((That last move of yours was *amazing*. :D))

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rrai stalks forth from within the sleeping cave in the training camp of the Dojo of Clawed Fury. Unfurling a scroll, he hangs it upon a pole beneath a lantern so that all his students may see and read it. Wondering at this strange and new occurence which has interupted the normal training routine of the dojo, all of the students wait for sensai Rrai to retreat back within the cave before stopping what they were doing to come sneak a peak at the posted notice.

From within the cave, Rrai listens secretly and carefully to hear the expected gasps, chuckles and a deep thinking "Hmmmmm..." as his students now contemplate their futures here...

Proclimation for the students of the Dojo of Clawed Fury

Henceforth, all current and future students of this dojo will be required to adhere to the following rule:

--Before leaving the tutelage of Sensai Rrai, each student must demonstrate what he or she has learned by facing the dojo master in combat.--

You are not required to win the battle against Sensai Rrai, but the teacher must deliver this final test to each student before they will be allowed to leave the dojo for any reason.

P.S.- There is one loophole within this rule which I left there intentionally. :D If you find it, you may be able to exploit it and have a better chance of actually winning against Rrai (unless of course your character is already of comensurate level when the challenge happens...) which of course would earn you extra ranks for defeating someone of higher rank.

Just thought this would add some spice to the mix of having a dojo and students. Also seems like it'll work to garner the dojo master some fights which he might otherwise not get considering how tough it is to get a fight for a higher level character.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"My regrets on your defeat, Kestral. If you would like some more personal training with me, join my in the jungle by the waterfall this evening before sunset. We will practice a few important kata's."

"Our new record is now 26 victories and 12 defeats."

Remove ads