• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Asmor

First Post
Zenji watches with consternation. "Dammit, we have to get this thing taken care of!" He ponders what he's about to do for a second and then draws the Blade of Tanith.

Preempting Archeville's objection, Zenji evenly says, "Don't worry. We'll call this... plan B."

[sblock=ooc]I'm pretty sure it's 50 seconds. When Zenji said an hour, that was just Zenji being Zenji. :)

If the timer gets down to 10 seconds, Zenji will stab at the central core and, if that doesn't seem effective, will swipe at the cables connecting to it.
[/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
"Let's say Plan C shall we, I have an idea which might be slightly safer." Suggests Mr Jones only slightly condescendingly, "Or maybe call it Plan X, that sounds cooler don't you think?"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"If it's a proper extradimensional space," Archeville says as he works to unscrew the connectors to a third cable, "zhere vould be no danger to us if zhe grenades vere to go off. I've designed containers for Bomb Squads just for such occasions. Could never make zhe unit compact enough to be easily portable, zhough...."

"Three down," he says as he pulls loose the third cable, "one more to go."

Asmor

First Post
Plan X? Wow, super neato keen! Zenji sarcastically thinks to himself. "You know, I'm as much a hero as you guys..." He says, addressing Mr. Jones. "You don't need to be so patronizing."

Raylis

First Post
30 seconds

Electricity cracks around the third cable as it comes loose as a small field begins to form around the generator.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Begins to form?

"Neinneinneinneinnein!" Archeville's hands become a blur as he furiously works to disconnect the last cable before the force field completely encloses the generator.

Using Extra Effort (and using last Hero Point to offset the Fatigue) to stunt Quickness 2 (x5) off his Quickness 4 (x25; Flaw: Only Mental).
If that's not the kind of speed needed here, stunt Enhanced Feats 2 (Improved Initiative 2) could be done (and might actually "fit" better).

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Hand of Vecna said:
"Neinneinneinneinnein!"

I know you're saying "NONONONO!" but all I can think when I read that is... was it Chevy Chase? I think so. Chevy Chase in Caddyshack. Nuh nuh nuh nuh....[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Electricity arcs between the three loose cables as Archeville's hands become a blur of motion as he unfastens and disconnects the final cable. The clock stops at 20

The hum of the generator dies down, as does the micro forcefield that it was projecting. For the moment, all is quiet.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
"You did it! Great job Dr. Archeville! Now, to make sure this thing can never again be used for evil!" and with that, Zenji steps up to it and with all his might thrusts the Blade of Tanith at the sphere.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Save the sphere... watch Zenji get zapped... save the sphere... watch Zenji get zapped (and later berate him for destroying something the Resolutes could use)... hrrmmm....[/sblock]

Archeville's eyes go wide as Zenji thrusts, "Neeeiiinnn!!!!" Though 'fight' urges him to interpose himself (and his force field) between the blade and the advanced technology, 'flight' wins out and the scientist back-peddles away.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads