• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Jalinth

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Asmor, I must say you are pulling off the young hot head off with panache. However Jack is somewhat less impressed. :) [/sblock]
Jack’s eyes widen as Zenji’s words sink in. It is only through pure force of will that he prevents himself from slugging the hot-headed idiot. "A rush? Zenji, shut the heck up!" Jack says in a low growl. “Get out to the ambulance and wait while the rest of use fight over who gets to be the first to rip you a new one okay? Your darn fool stunt nearly got the hostages killed, not to mention the fact you got yourself shot in the process.” Jack bites off any further words before he really loses his temper. His attention returns to the Crier, with a look that dares the red clothed man to try something.

Asmor

First Post
Zenji stares at Jack in honest surprise, followed closely by anger. He briefly considers yelling back at the seasoned crime fighter, but instead storms off, "accidentally" bumping Jack's shoulder as he walks by.

Raylis

First Post
The Police manage to get the criminals in cuffs once Jack's paralyzation effect wears off. They managed to find and eighth gunman waiting in front of the employee entrance and subdued him with little guffgaw.

The Crier is half carried away, the long gash on his chest still bleeding and obvious bruises line his chest and face. "The Minister'll get me out, you haven't heard the last from me. " he manages to say, glaring at the heroes as he's taken down the steps and into a waiting SWAT van.

A blue mini van pulls up to the scene, Major Sinclaire at the wheel. "Good work gentlemen, we'll leave for debriefing as soon as you're ready. the major's voice sounds over the Resolute's comm devices.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville undoes all the kit-bashing he'd done and restores the two-ways radios, bullhorn, and other components back to their original state before handing them all back to the Lieutenant, before getting into the van with the Major.

'Minister'? Innnteresting....

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler glances at the mad scientist, frowning. "Not to be a hardass, Herr Doktor, but may I politely ask where the hell were you when that situation to a trip into Messtown, thanks to the actions of Pixiestick?"

[sblock=OOC]Well-Informed, Gather Information 26. What does the Juggler know about the Minister?[/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
After assisting the police in locating the last gunman [maybe] Mr Jones climbs stiffly out of the police car.

"Should we check out the bank boss?" He asks as the heroes gather by the minivan, "Find out if this guy was after anything other than money or do we leave all that stuff to the cops?"

[sblock=ooc]Not that I want to draw the fire but I don't know how much everyone else knows about Jones help (not that he actually helped any). To most observation he was just lounging in the back of a car with his eyes shut.[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Rhialto said:
The Juggler glances at the mad scientist, frowning. "Not to be a hardass, Herr Doktor, but may I politely ask where the hell were you when that situation to a trip into Messtown, thanks to the actions of Pixiestick?"
"I erred, and readily admit it," Archeville says to Jester. "I tried to stick to my original plan, rather than acknowledging that the parameters had changed. I suppose I'm still not used to working with others, I've mostly worked solo, but if I am to be a true member of the Resolutes, that will need to change."

[sblock=OOC]I was sure Jones said a few things to his communicator to folks? That he was sharing what he saw with the others?[/sblock]

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler takes out a few knives and begins to juggle with them idly.

"I have to be honest with you. Sgt. Jailbait is probably satisfied with things because most of what she saw were the end results. But from the ground--we did piss-poor in there. We were disorganized--we were sloppy--there was little effort to coordinate our efforts. A lot of that was Pixiestick's fault. But not all of it. If this were the old days and you people were a crew for a robbery I pulled together, this would have been the first and last time we work together--but that isn't option here."

He frowns and gathers his knives up in one hand. "We won because we were facing a weaker opponent, and because the Cranberry Cough thinks he has an ace in the hole. That is the only reason. If this had been a serious threat--" He hurls a knife into the ground, and lets it lie there, blade sticking in the soil. "--We might be dead."

Jalinth

First Post
Despite the action of the last couple minutes, Jack isn’t even breathing hard.
“Nah, I figure the cops know what they’re doing, and everything I know about that I learned from watching CSI. Thanks for the eye in the sky by the way. What little you had a chance to relay was certainly useful.” he says to Jones

At The Juggler’s words, Jack nods in agreement. “Yep, that’s pretty much sums it up, though I was more thinking that it would have been more likely for the HOSTAGES to die rather then us. Though looking back, I figure we shouldn't be that surprised that it was that... messy. None of us have worked together before, or even had more then a vague idea of what the others could do. While Zenji certainly screwed up, frankly I think the real fault lays with whoever thought that giving an uniform to someone with superpowers would make them a useful stand in for a cop who’s had some actual TRAINING. I know I didn’t have a freaking clue of how to deal with a situation like that, so I was forced to improvise. Like at the door there, when the flashbang went off I figured that they’d assume we were coming in and would start shooting people, so I WENT in to stop them from doing so.” Jack shakes his head and then says. “I don’t think there’s anything else left for us to do here, might as well head back to the debriefing. I imagine that it will be... interesting to say the least.”
[sblock=OOC] Reference my Paralyze, I don’t really see it as locking someone in place, but rather cutting off the targets voluntary muscle movements. So rather then going rigid, they drop like a sack of bricks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville nods, "I am in full agreement with you, Juggler. We, as you Americans say, sucked out loud, and we were all far too lucky. Especially you three. There's far more I could and should have done there, and more we all could have done better."

Archeville bends down and picks up Juggler's knife (struggling a bit to pull it loose), and hands it back tot he man. "So, as the one with the most experience in such matters -- what do you suggest we do? How do you suggest we should have done things? If things are as it seems, and this Crier fellow is but a small piece in some grander plan, we're going to need to improve, and fast."

Jack's suggestion catches the Super-Scientist's ear, "Ja, disclosure of what we can do, and are apt or used to do in certain situations, would help us all better coordinate our actions."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads