• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Yes, but haff any actual scans been done?" Archeville asked again. "Is is electromagnetic, gravitic, compressed or hard air molecules, some exotic matter...? If I am to-" he cuts himself short as he spies Zenji out of the corner of his eye, "If... a way is to be found to breach ze field, either by bringing it down totally, making a hole of sorts in it, or bypassing it completely via teleportation, it is important to know as much about it as ve can."

"If a detailed scan has not been done, and cannot before ve are to be there in three hours, I vould request permission to go in und do a scan myself, assuming transportation to and from the site is feasible."

[sblock=OOC]Did any of Archeville's Knowledges help ID the Minister? Or was that OOC block meant for Archeville, not Juggler?
Oh, and did I actually spend the HP for Jury-Rigging the invention in the combat with Crier, even though I never got to actually finish making it? Or was it spent in the attempt to Jury-Rig in the first place?[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Did any of Archeville's Knowledges help ID the Minister? Or was that OOC block meant for Archeville, not Juggler?
Oh, and did I actually spend the HP for Jury-Rigging the invention in the combat with Crier, even though I never got to actually finish making it? Or was it spent in the attempt to Jury-Rig in the first place?[/sblock][/QUOTE]

OOC: no, it was meant for Juggler, what Archeville would know is Minister of Education would be the title given to the top person in school systems that have Ministry's of Education such as in britian.

The Hero Point was spent in the attempt to Jury Rig

"No, no actual scans of any sort have been done. We've just been alerted to this. You're authorized to make any scans of it you deem necessary once you arrive there. " the Major replies.

Salix

First Post
Raylis said:
OOC

rgordona: As far as I am aware we're not using the rule from UP, unless Salix knows different?

OOC: Bad Judge! I haven't been following along as well as I should. We haven't approved anything from UP. There were a bunch of proposals, but it was decided to put a six month moratorium on the material from UP and Masterminds Manual before approving it. There was also some issue with posting the rules on the internet, although when I talked to the Green Ronin people I was ignored.

I'm really enjoying the way the team is interacting. Nice game so far. ;)

Last edited:

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock=Re: ULTIMATE POWER stuff]So, do I need to re-do Archeville's Blaster? It's got a power feat from UP (Variable Descriptor, which I posted as a seperate proposal), but when he was approved, no mention was made of needing to change it. If the GMs would rather I change it and not use anything from UP, I don't mind at all. It'd even be easy for Archeville to do, just say he switches out weapons for something he brought over from Germany :)[/sblock]

Scanning once we arrive there won't do us much good if I'm to figure out a way to bypass it before we get there... Archeville thinks to himself.

The Super-Scientist takes out notepad and pencil and begins sketching out descriptions of various types of force field generators and how to bypass them, as well as designs for a sufficiently advanced scanner. "I do agree, Jack, Herr Jones, stealth would likely be best." He then glances over at Zenji, and cocks his head slightly to one side, "You can... negate magical effects?"

[sblock=OOC]Though it's not listed in his write-up, I picture Archeville's Mental Task Quickness as both an ability to think faster than normal and an ability to hold multiple trains of thought simultaneously/in parallel.[/sblock]

Asmor

First Post
Zenji's eyes light up as the doctor expresses interest. "Oh, yeah! I mean, uh, I can't, but," he taps the head of his staff, strapped to his back, "this thing can. Actually, it's got a lot of utilitarian abilities... I'm still working on figuring it all out. Actually, I think there's some way to use it to blast things with... Oh, sorry. Getting side tracked. Yeah, if it's magical I might be able to do something about it."

[sblock=ooc]
The staff has nullify +10, for powers with magic descriptors. Honestly, I seriously doubt it'd work on the shield, but Zenji doesn't know that.
[/sblock]

Jalinth

First Post
"Sneaking is the way I'd vote to. Just figured I'd offer both ideas. Always seems like things are easier if the bad guys don't know you're there. 'Fraid I can't help with the shield though. Everything I've learned about forcefields I got from Star Trek. 'sides my powers don't really do much of anything to stuff that isn't alive. Course if it is some kinda living shield thingy I might be able to do something, but I'm guessing that you'll have better luck with your technomagic."

rgordona

Explorer
[sblock=Re: ULTIMATE POWER stuff]
Salix said:
OOC: There were a bunch of proposals, but it was decided to put a six month moratorium on the material from UP and Masterminds Manual before approving it.
Hand of Vecna said:
So, do I need to re-do Archeville's Blaster? It's got a power feat from UP (Variable Descriptor, which I posted as a seperate proposal), but when he was approved, no mention was made of needing to change it.

I was kind of working on the assumption that a lot of UP was sneaking in by osmosis. TAMJ is probably core legal but I think his mental aray is more of a UP construction. (I don't have the book by the way.)
[/sblock]

After listening to everyone's opinion Mr Jones says "It seems we have two problems here. Getting through the forcefield and stopping this Minister. Could I sugest we head out west to Washington straight away and investigate the force feild first hand. We could then retire to the local HQ, make some plans and perhaps the Doctor could construct something there. That is assuming we can all keep our tempers in check."

[Sblock=ooc]It would be Minister for Education in the UK. (Technically "Secretary of State for Education and Skills" or "Minister of State for Schools".) But never Minister of ... :>[/sblock]

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
[sblock=Re: ULTIMATE POWER stuff]So, do I need to re-do Archeville's Blaster? It's got a power feat from UP (Variable Descriptor, which I posted as a seperate proposal), but when he was approved, no mention was made of needing to change it. If the GMs would rather I change it and not use anything from UP, I don't mind at all. It'd even be easy for Archeville to do, just say he switches out weapons for something he brought over from Germany :)[/sblock]

OOC: HoV I have no problems with it as written and I do have a copy of UP for ease of reference.

rgordona: Yes Washington State, sorry if I left the actual location of the unversity slip. Thanks for the tidbit on education ministry :D

for any interested you can get a better map then my cutnpaste at www.ewu.edu and do a search for campus map

rgordona

Explorer
Raylis said:
rgordona: Yes Washington State, sorry if I left the actual location of the unversity slip. Thanks for the tidbit on education ministry :D
Thanks I kind of assumed it was but would have looked stupid if it was in Maryland just east of DC. :> (Warwick University is nowhere near warwick well there are atleast two larger towns which are closer but they just think warwick sounds better! Please ignore the stupid titbits of information they are all pointless. :>)
raylis said:
for any interested you can get a better map then my cutnpaste at www.ewu.edu and do a search for campus map
Thanks for this. I see no scale on the map, is it safe to assume the running track is a little over 100m long so one grid square is about 100'?

[Sblock=Rules questions to which the answer is no :>]Would you allow either of the following?

a)Adding 5 to the design DC on a magical ritual to do it in half the time? (As per technological inventions.) [Using Ritualist]

b)Using Perform - Magic instead of "the appropriate craft skill" to perform an invented magic trick? [Using Artificer][/sblock]

Last edited:

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville nods at Zenji's statement about his magic-nullifying staff. "Zat is good to know, ja....."

rgordona/Mr. Jones said:
"But our first priority has to be the force feild, if it can stop an artilery round I wonder what else it can stop."

"Actually...." Archeville pauses in his note-scribbling as he remembers something tAMJ had said, "there is a chance we may be able to bring down the field, or at least punch a hole in it. At full power, mein Electromagnetik Pistole," he paused to draw out his ultra-tech blaster from the holster at his side and laid it on the table in full view of everyone, "hits mit ze force of five 155-mm field artillery pieces, though only in a small concentrated point."

The handgun-like device suddenly looked very, very ominous.

"I do still plan to work on some way to bypass the field stealthily, though."

[sblock=OOC]Per the Golden Age sourcebook, 155-mm Artillery Pieces are ranked as a +10 weapon. At full power, Archeville's Blaster is a +12 weapon, a difference of two ranks. ;)
It's often easy to forget just how powerful a PL 10 character can really be.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads