• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
"Given the Minister released a radio broadcast as soon as he took the university he is hardly keeping it a secret." Says Mr Jones. "And it is not as though we would have been sitting guarding the campus if the bank robbery had not drawn us away. Perhaps the Minister did not turst this Crier fellow or wanted to use him to send out mis-information. Nothing seems to fit the facts perfectly. I guess we will find out when we catch the fiend."

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler strokes his chin. "I suspect the 'bait' theory might be true--or the Crier could have been intended as a distraction for the police, not us." He shrugs. "Or perhaps the Crier decided to attempt the robbery on his own. And the 'test theory' might be the case in virtually any scenario. Anyway, it's not important now. The big point is, the Minister is at the university--and he probably has two thugs with superpowers. At least."

Jalinth

First Post
"I just hope that his superthugs don't resist my KO powers as much. I hit him with most everything I had and he didn't blink."
[sblock]I should be able to post regularly now[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
The Vigilant lands and the heroes are greeted by a pair of Air Force officers and a military transport. The country side offers little in scenery, a light dusting of snow covers the fields surrounding the highway.

The van enters the small college down and a large, silver polygon stands out as a stark contrast among the houses. The van turns down a long road which curves up to the university (Betz Road/Washington Street) and the polygon comes into a clear, sharp view as the van is forced to make a right and park in the Stadium Parking Lot (Lot 9).

rgordona

Explorer
"Well the Minister's not exactly being secretive is he?" Remarks Mr Jones as he climbs down from the van and looks the shield up and down. "I'd like to get a feel for the ground first by walking around the perimeter, what do you all think?"

[sblock=questions]Is it a mirror finish polygon; just a dull silver or a slightly translucent silvery sheen or something else.

How high does the field go? Given we could see it driving into town I am thinking pretty high. The towers on the map (11 &29) look maybe ten stories high, is the field that sort of height and then flat across the top or much much taller in the centre, more like a dome shape?

What is the police and military presence like? Given we were picked up by airforce officers I am thinking lots of police and national guard types. A full cordon probably thousands of people? [/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock]What manner of polygon is it? Icosahedron, like a 20-sided die? ;) [/sblock]
Upon seeing the silvery polyhedron, Archeville lets out a low, but impressed, whistle. Vhat is that? Generators at ze vertices, connected in a veb of energy? If technological, an EM pulse might knock out one generator und allow us entry... but it would likely set off some alarm, und ze field itself may block EMPs. On the other hand, it's remotely possible ze Minister is using mutated people or animals as ze generators, in which case an EM pulse would likely not do much good...." Archeville let out a sigh, "A shame zere won't be more time for me to inspect zem... but, at least I do have a moderately sure way of getting us in," he smirked as he patted the new add-on to his gravimetric belt. "Assuming zis field isn't doing too much to affect ze local gravity fields...."

"Oh, ja, a walk around ze perimeter vold be prudent, ja."

Raylis

First Post
rgordona said:
[sblock=questions]Is it a mirror finish polygon; just a dull silver or a slightly translucent silvery sheen or something else.

How high does the field go? Given we could see it driving into town I am thinking pretty high. The towers on the map (11 &29) look maybe ten stories high, is the field that sort of height and then flat across the top or much much taller in the centre, more like a dome shape?

What is the police and military presence like? Given we were picked up by airforce officers I am thinking lots of police and national guard types. A full cordon probably thousands of people? [/sblock]

OOC: It's semi-transluscent akin to a shower stall; you could possibly see movement from outside the field but not make anything out but shapes.

The tallest of the two towers is Pearce Hall at 11 stories, so the field is 130 feet tall.

There is a light police force, mostly campus police in this area. In the immediate vincity approximatly 100 military people, more at different locations around the field.

Six sided, more pentagramical in shape then hexagonal, however.

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler stares at the field. "And to think what he could have accomplished if he used his genius for good, instead of evil. Why, every house in America could have a device like that!" He chuckles. "So I'm damned glad he's a baddie. That is one impressive eyesore."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"I'm not sure every house in America vould need one, no more zan every house in America needs a gun..." Archeville opined as he glided past the Juggler, "though some seem to think othervise. Besides, I'm sure ze power requirements for it are fairly big, and even if it vere shrunk down so it vas only large enough to cover an average American home, ze average American home's circuit breakers can't handle zat big a load. It vould need to come mit it's own power source, though again ze problem of making a compact unit capable of generating sufficient energy -- and installing proper safeguard so ze average layman von't be tempted to try und break in und tinker mit it, und cause some sort of explosion -- vould be problematic. Plus, who knows vhat sort of side-effects long-term exposure might engender. Und ze materials cost! Nein, nein, something like zat vould be better suited for places zat expect to be under sustained bombardment at some point, such as military bases, und ze lairs of supervillain masterminds. Like ze Minister."

[sblock=Inner Monologue]And me!!

Quiet, you![/sblock]

"Or ze headquarters of ze Resolutes -- as we continue to take down more super-criminals, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone tries to knock us down und prove zey are ze baddest of ze bad. Vhich reminds me, I must present mein plans for overall improvements to ze Base vhen ve get done here. Biometric scans, triple-redundant alarms, a secure database mit files on all ze meta-criminals ve haff encountered, an improved on-site medical facility, better laboratories und on-site workshops for me to vork in..." Archeville continued rambling on about all the ultra-tech improvements he wished to make on the Resolute's HQ.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads