• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
"I think what our friend The Juggle was really wondering was what if all the banks were equipped with such a device." Quips Mr Jones "Anyway to business; you said this Minister was interested in creating superpowered humans when you met him, do you know if his plans were restricted to scientific methods, gene replacement, exposure to radiation, exotic chemicals, that sort of thing? Or did his interests also extend to the occult?"

As the magician progresses on his tour around the perimeter he stops occasionally, checks his map and attempts to peer through the screen studying the pattern of light and shadow cast by the buildings within.

On one of these stops he casually picks up a pebble and gently flicks it at the field.
IF it just bounces off and falls to the floor.
Later he gingerly reaches out a hand to touch the silver screen, ready to jump back at a moments notice. When Jack interupts him he stops.

Reaching the southeastern corner of campus (corner of f and 5th by 14) and Mr Jones turns to his companions. This seems a quiet spot. I would like to check if this field will block my surveillance. Of course the Minister might have some kind of alarm system, do you think it worth the risk. If he is purely interested in technology he may not have defences against my methods."

[sblock=more questions]
Some of the above is based on my assumptions. If they are wrong then of course i will edit.

Thanks for the swift responses to my questions, I suspect much of it is irrelevant but you never know.

Can I just check about the field, it is 130' high (roughly) with a flat(ish) roof? Or does it follow the contours of the buildings to some extent?

>Six sided, more pentagramical in shape then hexagonal, however.

This I don't understand at all? I was thinking it would be made up of many polygons to form some kind of geodesic dome or other surface. Necessary since it is not a regular floor plan, although it could equally be several linked domes or just a flat roofed box. Six sided pentagrams I just don't understand, sorry.

Does Jones think his mental sense penetrates the field? Given its only a 10' range increment he might well not know.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
rgordona said:
[sblock=more questions]
Some of the above is based on my assumptions. If they are wrong then of course i will edit.

Thanks for the swift responses to my questions, I suspect much of it is irrelevant but you never know.

Can I just check about the field, it is 130' high (roughly) with a flat(ish) roof? Or does it follow the contours of the buildings to some extent?

>Six sided, more pentagramical in shape then hexagonal, however.

This I don't understand at all? I was thinking it would be made up of many polygons to form some kind of geodesic dome or other surface. Necessary since it is not a regular floor plan, although it could equally be several linked domes or just a flat roofed box. Six sided pentagrams I just don't understand, sorry.

Does Jones think his mental sense penetrates the field? Given its only a 10' range increment he might well not know.[/sblock]
OOC: okay, on a second look on the map it looks more like a six-sided hat then anything (it's on page three). If you've seen Reboot it mostly resembles a game cube. It's following the roads rather then the buildings. Mr. Jones is unsure if he'll be able to mentally penetrate it w/out trying

Hand of Vecna

First Post
OOC: So it's a big silvery cube? Neat.

Archeville paused in his ramblings of upgrades to the Resolute's HQ (some of which sounded to be veering into Supervillain Lair features), and examined the cube along with Mr. Jones.

Jalinth

First Post
Jack followed along with the group, taking in the sights. Force fields were a little bit outside his area of expertise.

When/if he saw Jones reach for the field, Jack says "No man. Let me do that. If it is gonna hurt, I've got a better chance of walking it off"

rgordona

Explorer
"I guess that's sensible, if you're confident you can take an electric shock or what ever." Replies Mr Jones pulling back his hand and allowing Jack the privilege.

"Do you think it is worth one of us flying up and checking out the top of this thing?"Mr Jones asks, "We would look mighty foolish if it is just six walls and no roof. Though I guess the Air force will have probably checked that already?"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville uses his commlink to contact the Major. "Major, has any aerial reconaissance been done of this thing?"

As he waits for the reply, he begins to slow ascend, both to get a better look at the front 'face' of the field, and in case he would be needed to check out the top of it.

[sblock=Re: Hero Points]Per this post from Steve Kenson, Archeville should still have both his Hero Points (the one everyone starts with, plus the one from his Luck feat), since he shouldn't have had to spend one on his aborted Jury Rigging attempt at the bank.[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
The Major's voice comes over the comm link, "Yes, that was the first thing done once this field appeared. It apparently has a flat roof akin to a cube and no attempt to land on it has been made. What's your progress?"

[sblock=re: Archeville's Hero Points]
Makes sense to me.

[/sblock]

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler snorts at Mr. Jones remark. "If they put one of these on every Bank, I'd find a way through, believe me. It'd just take me a while..."

Asmor

First Post
Zenji takes his staff from its resting spot on his back and holds it loosely at his side. During the other conversations he frequently considers adding something, but a combination of a lack of anything relevant to add and shame over his performance at the bank keep him silent. "Don't screw up... Don't screw up... Don't screw up..." he thinks to himself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads