• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Indeed... and vhile I could adjust mein Pistole to generate an EMP Burst und get ze field partially down," Archeville said as he glided back down to re-join his companions, "that vould go against ze whole 'let us be stealthy' part of ze plan. Of course, I'm sure Ze Minister already knows ve are here -- if I vere in his position, I'd certainly be sure to put up some simple cameras around ze perimeter. Say, in ze streetlights around us..."

"Still, some stealth und surprise is better zhan none, ja?. Herr Jones, if you are done mit your examinings, I can vork on getting us in, hopefully without too much fuss."

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - Since no one objected.
Reaching the south-eastern corner of campus (corner of f and 5th by 14) and Mr Jones turns to his companions. This seems a quiet spot. I would like to check if this field will block my surveillance. Of course the Minister might have some kind of alarm system, do you think it worth the risk. If he is purely interested in technology he may not have defences against my methods."

"Ok, I'll just take a look see" Says Mr Jones. After placing a hand on Jack's shoulder to steady himself the magician closes his eyes briefly and concentrates.

[Sblock=actions]ESP all senses through the field to take a look at the little wood in front of 44 - Pull back as a free action if anything bad happens :>[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
OOC: the rock bounced off harmlessly. When Jack touches the field it feels solid and his hair starts to stand up on end. Thanks to his biokineses he can feel electricity coursing through his body.

Invoking his ESP Mr. Jones can clearly see a sign reading "Showalter Hall" everything seems quiet and there is no activity in the surrounding area.

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler glances at Dr. Archeville. He has at some point shifted to an urban camo version of his outfit. "I'd say our best bet is to get the field down, burst in, and then have the heavy artillery act as a diversion whilst I sneak around. If Mr. Jones can pinpoint a location, I can take care of the hostages while you distract the mooks."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Dr. Archeville takes one last look around the field and surrounding area, then looks to the Juggler and the others. "I'm not sure I can take down zhe field from here, but I can open a breach big enough to let us slip in. Having zhe artillery shell zhe other sides of zhe field vould serve as an adequate distraction vhile ve slip in on zhis side, zhough." The super-scientist lands fully on the ground and begins manipulating the small device attached to his gravimetric belt.

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler nods, and readies a handful of shuriken.

"Let's let Mr. Jones scope out the University for a little longer. Might save us all a great deal of trouble..."

rgordona

Explorer
Mr Jones surveys the scene briefly and then allows his senses to return to his body. "All seems quiet just across here, and the screen seems to be no barrier to my skills." He reports. "We could probably enter here, or perhaps the west side of campus would be better; with buildings closer to the wall I might be able to find an empty room or something."

[sblock=More pointless questions]
What is the light level like inside the field, normal daylight or is the field blocking sunlight?
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads