• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Raylis

First Post
OOC: Inside the field it was brighter then the overcast Feburary day outside the field. It also felt wamer, as if it were mid spring rather then the end of winter.

rgordona

Explorer
"There is also something a bit off about the weather inside." Mr Jones adds "I could not put my finger on it but it seems too bright like it was spring already"

<?>

If Jones heard the conversation about artilery:

Sweping his arm to take in the surrounding buildings the magician comments "I don't think an artilery strike would be wise. What about these poor peoples homes."

[sblock=GM]
Maybe it wasn't a pointless question :>

And on the same vein what does the forcefield look like from the inside? Is it visible? Does it look just the same?

Just looking at the entrance was fine. Jones wanted to check just how much of a barrier the forcefeild was before he did any extensive searching. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Zhe field is fairly large, and I'm sure none of zhe weapons zhey've brought haff a blast radius that vould endanger zhe surrounding areas..." Archeville replied to Mister Jones. "Zhey may haff some other way to distract zhe Minister, though..."

Archeville activated his communicator and contacted the Major. "Major, Archeville here. Can you have zhe military und police forces set up some sort of distracton on zhe opposte end of zhe force field? Something that vould, hopefully, get zhe Minister's attention vhile ve sneak in?"

rgordona

Explorer
[sblock=non relevant rubbish]
This is all out of system information and probably out of genre to, plus I doubt the police have brought any military artilary.

A 105 light gun is lethal to about 60-100 meters from the fall of shot for an unprotected person. (I recon the feild has a radius of about 150m (basing my scale of the sports field)) More importantly they are no where near that acurate and the rounds have to be adjusted onto target by an observer, first shots are likely to be 200-400m off target depending on the wind etc and just how good the crew are. Good adjustment will bring that down to about 10m within two rounds, still not something you want to fire into a friendly city. (Laser guided bobs etc are of course much better but even les likely to be around)[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Archeville activated his communicator and contacted the Major. "Major, Archeville here. Can you have zhe military und police forces set up some sort of distracton on zhe opposte end of zhe force field? Something that vould, hopefully, get zhe Minister's attention vhile ve sneak in?"

"What do you have in mind, Doctor? We don't have any artillery and even if we did fireing upon an unknown field in a city is out of the question. For all we know it could reflect anything we fire at it.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville looks up at the field, sorely tempted to deaw his blaster and fire at it to see just what happens.

"Hrm, good point, Major. Vell, do zhe police haff flash-bangs or tear gas grenades available? Setting some of zhose off near zhe field may make zhe Minister think ve're trying to come in on zhat side, and are putting up a 'smokescreen' to hide our activity. Zhe sounds of ze flash-bangs should certainly draw some attention."

Raylis

First Post
"I"ll see what I can do." the major replies.

10 minutes pass...

"We have some flares and tear gas grenades prepared on Washington Street near on of the dormitories, let me know when you are ready."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville spends those ten minutes checking and double-checking his gear, and mentally preparing himself for what might happen inside. I really should have thought to set up this distraction event in place before we'd even left the base, he thinks to himself.

Jalinth

First Post
Jack has been pacing, trying to figure out if there was anything to do. Thusfar he was drawing a blank. Like he said back at base, force fields weren't really his thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads