• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Asmor

First Post
"Ready to rock!" Zenji spins his staff around in a surprising show of deftness for a second before losing his rhythm and knocking himself square in the shin. He yelps briefly but quickly shuts up, looking embarassed.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock=Inner Monologue]Kill him! Kill him now! Save everyone the trouble! His recklessness almost got people killed last time, no sense letting him jeopardize this mission!, the lil' devil on Archeville's left shoulder shouted.

Oh, stop, the angel on his right shoulder snapped. You know very well that handy sources of comic relief are what keep heroes going.[/sblock]

Once the ten minutes pass, Archeville gives the Major word to go. A few seconds after the clouds of noxious smoke and flashes of light go off near the Washington St. dorms, Archeville activates his invention.

The pager-sized device begins to glow and hum softly, then a cone of blue-grey light flares from the front end, placing a 5- to 6-foot-diameter circle of light on the force field in front of them. The section of field within the circle seems to waver and distort, and then seems to clear to complete transparency, showing the section of campus a few feet away.

"Gentlemen," Archeville said with a bow and a fluorish, "ve haff our entrance."

[sblock=OOC]Teleport Portal, crossing a distance of all of 5 or 10 feet. The field itself is completely untouched/unaffected... unless there's some sort of "Nullify Teleport" effect up, too. My post above assumes that such is not in effect. ;)[/sblock]

Edit: Coding errors.

Asmor

First Post
"Cool..." Zenji walks up to the portal and pokes the end of his staff through it. When it seems unharmed, he walks through and waits on the other side for the others.

Raylis

First Post
[sblock=Zenji]
As Zenji steps through he immediatly notices the change in temperature; it was just like Mr. Jones said, much warmer more akin to mid spring then to late Winter.

As he looks around he sees a girl in her early twenties leaning against a tree, looking like she was on her way from or to a work out.

He could swear that she wasn't there a moment ago.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Everyone Else]
"Remember, there are students in there who may be in danger, save them if you can. Also, we can't see inside that cube, keep me informed of your progress. Good Luck, gentlement." the major says over the commlink.
[/sblock]

Asmor

First Post
Zenji looks back through the portal to see if his friends are still there, then turns to address the woman. "Uhh... Excuse me, miss? Is... I mean... umm... is everything all right?"

Raylis

First Post
[sblock=Zenji, Jack]

Jack, too, sees the young woman leaning on the tree as he steps through the portal. She makes no reply to Zenji's greeting...then she's gone with a slight breeze in the air that quickly subsides.

[/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
Mr Jones quickly checks that Zenji and Jack are Ok before stepping through the gravitonic portal.

He looks around briefly and as the others arrive coments. "Perhaps we should get undercover, we are quite exposed here."

[sblock=ooc]Sorry all I was on a course for work and away from my desk for three days.

Is there an answer to whether the forcefeild can be seen from the inside?

Where did we cross into the campus, is it down in the south east corner where Jones looked through initially?
[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville steps through, then turns around and fidles with the controls on his invention somes. The portal closes with a soft *pop* The super-scientist then turns back around, and looks all about the area.

"Hrrmmm... you're right, Herr Jones, it is much varmer in here.... perhaps some side-effec of ze force field... shunting avay of energies...." The doctor mumbles to himself some, then toggles on his communicator. "Major, ve are inside ze field. Do you read, over?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads