• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

Raylis

First Post
The commlink cracks and for a second there are a few notes of jazz music and then nothing.

OOC: yes, the force field can be seen from the inside, but everything on the outside appears shadowy just as before when you were outside looking in. I presumed that you crossed in front of Showalter Hall (44 on the map)

Rhialto

First Post
"Looks like we're on our own," declares the Juggler. "Let's find a more secure location." He begins to head for some cover. He glances at Mr. Jones as he does so. "Can you do that 'people-finding' trick you did earlier?"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville seems unsurprised at the static, "I figured zhe field vould have some sort of transmission-blocking property, to prevent people inside from calling out for help.... Zhe jazz music vas unexpected, zhough."

Asmor

First Post
As the others step through, Zenji seems perplexed. "Did you guys... see that? There was a girl standing there, and she disappeared..."

[sblock=ooc]

Questions: When the girl disappeared, what did it look like? I.e. did she fade away, did she "pop" out of existence, did I blink and she was gone, etc.

Also, the jazz music... Shot in the dark here... Would you describe it as "old-timey?"[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Asmor said:
As the others step through, Zenji seems perplexed. "Did you guys... see that? There was a girl standing there, and she disappeared..."

[sblock=ooc]

Questions: When the girl disappeared, what did it look like? I.e. did she fade away, did she "pop" out of existence, did I blink and she was gone, etc.

Also, the jazz music... Shot in the dark here... Would you describe it as "old-timey?"[/sblock]

OOC: you blinked and she was gone. I wouldn't say old timey per say, more like smooth jazz

Jalinth

First Post
"I saw her to. There one moment, then gone the next. I wonder what was up with that. Teleporter? Illuision?" Jack shrugs. "Nothing we can do about it at the moment though."

rgordona

Explorer
"There was no one here when I checked it out ten minutes ago." coments Mr Jones setting off for the entrance to the nearby building. "Lets get into the portico of the hall and then I will have a scout around."

[sblock=ooc]Does Jones' mental sense give any indication of someone where the girl appeared to be. Any indications of anyone hiding from sight?[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
OOC: Mr. Jones doesn't sense any other thoughts in the vincinity other then those of his teammates.

The Resolutes walk the 50 yards to the front of the building, the doors are unlocked and it is much cooler inside.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
OOC: Since you've said it's cooler inside, I'm assuming we've already entered, and nothing's immediately leaped out and attacked us.

"Herr Jones, vould you like to scout around some more?" Archeville asked.

rgordona

Explorer
"Ok, I'll take a look around" Replies Mr Jones before allowing his eyes to glaze over and his senses free reign to survey the grounds. He flicks briefly from roof to roof, pausing on each to watch for movement and checking for any concentration of minds before moving on to the next building around a rough circle.

[sblock=details]We are in the entrance of 44, right? A thorough search using ESP would take ages (and could not possibly cover the whole site) so Jones is just going for a quick look around lay of the land kind of thing.

If my scale is right I am thinking of the following locations: 4 on the roof of 44 one above the door and one at each end. (particularly interested in any minds inside this building but also anyone moving around the grounds) Then moving in a rough circle around the area Roof of 22; Roof of 43; Roof of 25; Roof of 54; Roof of 17; Roof of 24 (if in range) roof of 61 and roof of 39.

Thats 12 locations so I think we are talking about at least two minutes to check them all possibly much more.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads