• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RttToEE: Buying Loot in Verbobonc ***Spoilers***

Kilroy

First Post
Roland Delacroix said:
A cleric with Craft Wonderous Items can get an arcane magic user to cast the arcane spell portion of the item's creation. I don't see why it would be hard to hire a wizard to cast a spell in such a large town.

This is what I thought when I took the feat, but I can't find anything that says that in the SRD, and the DM just points at the section of "Creating Wonderous Items" that says "If spells are involved in the prerequisites for making the item, the creator must have prepared the spells to be cast" and the section of the Feat description that says "The character can create any miscellaneous magic item whose prerequisites the character meets" and laughs.

As best as as I can tell, no cooperation is allowed on wonderous items.

Kilroy

First Post
Kilroy said:

As best as as I can tell, no cooperation is allowed on wonderous items.

Nevermind, found it. Why is this listed under "Magic Item Descriptions", and not under the Create Items section of the PHB, the Create Wonderous feat, or the "Creating Magic Items" section?!

AGGEMAM

First Post
Kilroy said:

Nevermind, found it. Why is this listed under "Magic Item Descriptions", and not under the Create Items section of the PHB, the Create Wonderous feat, or the "Creating Magic Items" section?!

It has been errataed, you know ...

hong

WotC's bitch
JLXC said:
I could not disagree with you guys ANY MORE. I only DM.
If my players wish to find certain magical items, and they have the cash they can GET THEM. It might take a while or something, but why limit players to what YOU as the DM think is "good enough to dole out". This is NOT Old D&D anymore. There are clear guidelines for magical items, not like older editions, which leads to the "My players get what they WANT not what I give them... what a Pain!" WHY? Is it YOUR Character? Are YOU so needy your players must worship every magical bauble you wish them to have? I don't get it at all. Diablo... yeah right. More player Control... OH! Now that is what bothers you. You're not the magical item fairy anymore... and it irks you?

1 theory is that it has to do with Hong's First Law, namely: "any magic that is sufficiently commonplace is indistinguishable from technology".

Technology is boring. It's toasters and microwave ovens. It's disposable diapers, indoor plumbing, and sliced bread.

Remove ads