Rules/Crunch of Eyros

Abisashi

First Post
domino said:
mostly because, let's face it. Like Abisashi said. It's fun.

:p

But you're right, and I realized we were doing that. If you hadn't posted something in the main thread then I probably would have. Still, I think the coolest thing we've done is the blood-taint stuff. Perhaps we could create some general guidelines for worship? We also need those pillar feats, and we could stat up the exotic halfling weapon.

domino

First Post
Right. Two feats, as written up, as discussed in this thread. Based on what we know.

Scion of House Malarn:You have grown up surrounded by many different races and viewpoints. As such, you are adept at looking at things differently, and learning new skills and ideas comes easily to you. At first level, gain 4 skill points, and 1 extra skill point per additional level, as a human character would. Human characters gain one additional skill point per level. As a member of House Malarn, you also gain a +2 bonus to all diplomacy and bluff checks with other members of House Malarn.

Scion of House Mulcibe: As a product of eladrin lineage, you manifest a slightly weaker version of eladrin abilities. You gain resistance to electricity 5, ignoring the first five points of damage from any electrical attack. You also gain a +2 racial bonus to all saves to resist petrification. As a member of House Mulcibe, you also gain a +2 bonus to all diplomacy and bluff checks with other members of House Mulcibe.

I don't know if we've gotten any more info about the others houses to work with yet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
domino said:
Right. Two feats, as written up, as discussed in this thread. Based on what we know.

Scion of House Malarn:You have grown up surrounded by many different races and viewpoints. As such, you are adept at looking at things differently, and learning new skills and ideas comes easily to you. At first level, gain 4 skill points, and 1 extra skill point per additional level, as a human character would. Human characters gain one additional skill point per level. As a member of House Malarn, you also gain a +2 bonus to all diplomacy and bluff checks with other members of House Malarn.

Scion of House Mulcibe: As a product of eladrin lineage, you manifest a slightly weaker version of eladrin abilities. You gain resistance to electricity 5, ignoring the first five points of damage from any electrical attack. You also gain a +2 racial bonus to all saves to resist petrification. As a member of House Mulcibe, you also gain a +2 bonus to all diplomacy and bluff checks with other members of House Mulcibe.

I don't know if we've gotten any more info about the others houses to work with yet.
Well...

we can do something Children of the Dawn or Elf or Merchant for Kiron (sketchy-level: not-so-sketchy)
we can do something Hobgoblin or Leadership related for Vajar (sketchy level: somewhat sketchy)
we can do something Racial Intolerance related for Zhal (their only defining feature seems to be killing other races so maybe bonus to attacking elves and dwarves similar to the dwarven bonuses to attacking orcs?) (sketchy level: pretty sketchy)
we can do something Gladiatorial for Taljik (sketchy level: very sketchy)

domino

First Post
There's no real time limit, so I'm fairly happy just waiting a while for more info, until something springs to mind. Kiron could have the immunity to magical sleep and +2 to saves vs enchantment, that elves get maybe?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Alsixnivis is probably a Dragon Ascendant from Draconomicon (the prestige class is basically for dragons who are trying to become godlike beings, just like Eyrian dragons would be) which I incidentally noticed has some good examples of different Auras for us. Since dragons die after Great Wyrm unless they have halted the aging process, the "Several age categories beyond Great Wyrm" comment should be ignored--Great Wyrm is the oldest dragons go--and instead give him Dragon Ascendant levels (this allows him, among other things, to become immortal unless killed violently at level 12)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Alsixnivis, Great Wyrm White Dragon Ascendant:
Gargantuan Dragon
Hit Dice: 48d12+480 (1056 hp [yes, its supposed to be maxed])
Initiative: +0
Speed: 70 ft. (14 squares) / burrow 40 ft. (8 squares) / swim 70 ft. (14 squares) / fly 270 ft. (54 squares) (manoeuvrability Poor)
Armor Class: 45 (–4 size, +0 Dex, +10 natural) touch 10, flat-footed 45
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft. (20 ft. with bite)
Base Attack/Grapple: +48/+73
Attack: Bite +56 melee (4d6+13)
Full Attack: Bite +56 melee (4d6+13), 2 Claws +54 melee (2d8+6), 2 wings +54 melee (2d6+6), tail slap +54 melee (2d8+19)
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Crush, Freezing Fog, Awesome Aura, Rend, Snatch, Spell-Like Abilities, Spells, Tail Sweep
Special Qualities: Blindsense 60 ft, damage reduction 25/epic, darkvision 120 ft, icewalking, immunity to cold, magic sleep effects, paralysis, hostile transmutation effects, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, and mind-affecting abilities, low-light vision, Fast Healing 3, Spell Resistance 33, Fire Resistance 20, vulnerability to fire +25% damage, Immortality
Saves: Fort +38, Ref +30, Will +34
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 10, Con 30, Int 20, Wis 19, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +36, Concentration +42, Diplomacy +40, Hide +36, Intimidate +54, Knowledge [arcana] +38, Knowledge [nature] +26, Knowledge [religion] +56, Listen +52, Move Silently +48, Search +53, Sense Motive +14, Spellcraft +24, Spot +52, Swim +37, Survival +26
Feats: Draconic Knowledge, Fast Healing, Flyby Attack, Hover, Improved Manoeuvrability, Improved Speed, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Maximise Breath, Multiattack, Power Attack, Recover Breath, Rend, Snatch, Suppress Weakness, Wingover
Environment: The Chambre of The Twelve
Organization: Unique
Challenge Rating: 33
Treasure: None (he ate it all--no, seriously!)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Awesome Aura: Alsixnivis has a 360-ft-radius aura that can either project fear (shakened normally or frightened if he attacks) on all enemies (excluding allies) who fail a DC 38 Wil lsave, or resolve, giving a +4 morale bonus to allies's attack rolls, saves, and skill checks, or awe, causing creatures who fail the DC 38 Will save to stare, dazed, at Alsixnivis in awe.

Breath Weapon: 60-ft cone, 12d6 cold DC 44 Reflex half

Rend: 4d8+19 extra damage

Crush: 20x20 area for 4d6+19 damage to Medium creatures, DC 44 Reflex save or be pinned

Snatch: works against Medium or smaller creatures, and can do a bite or claw attack each round

Tail Sweep: 30-ft diameter half-circle, Small or smaller opponents take 2d6+19 damage Reflex save 44 half

Spells: As 13th-level Sorcerer (I'll do this later)

domino

First Post
Yeah. It's been taking me several hours to do the big characters I was statting out. That's doing more than just number crunching, but still. Suprisingly time consuming.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, heh, I guess I have no right to complain that it took me 15 minutes to make the dragon then...hee hee, silly me...then again, I'm used to building level 18 NPC opponents for my party in my head as I invent them on the fly, in the time it takes the players to roll initiative, which works because I've memorised most of the rules I need for characters and my players are slow, so for me, this was a long time to stat the dragon out.

Remove ads