rules for ship-to-ship combat and PC's as crew

Aus_Snow

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
One of the biggest problems with air combat in D&D is that all the available rules return to facing. D&D on the ground does not have this.
It did when I was running it, gosh darn it. :]

:D

GlassJaw said:
Also, are there products with rules that handle PC responsbilities if they are acting as crew or on a ship during combat?
I'm also interested in these questions, particularly the one quoted. How many of these ship-to-ship combat rules handle the entire party being involved? I know I'm looking for something that won't leave players bored while the captain does all the work.

I have some ideas with boarding parties, quick repairs to damaged sections, rescuing fallen crew members, etc. but am definitely looking for more concrete ideas.

Edheldur

First Post
kenmarable said:
I'm also interested in these questions, particularly the one quoted. How many of these ship-to-ship combat rules handle the entire party being involved? I know I'm looking for something that won't leave players bored while the captain does all the work.
In Aerial Adventure Guide, there's a designated captain that chooses the ship's action, and half the minimum crew size of a ship must tend to it just to keep it moving, while the rest may do something else (fight, operate ship's weapons, heal someone, sing a song...). When the captain chooses to use evasive maneuvers, the entire crew must tend to the ship. Basically, that's it.

I might also be tempted to run vehicle vs vehicle combats using the rules from "Hot Pursuit" since it already covers collisions between vehicles and actions for the passengers/crew.

Remove ads