• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZEITGEIST Running the railroad challenge ADV 6

ediz

Explorer
So, my players were able to get Griento as their railroad and also they promised Kenna way more than Lya Jierre.. Six battleships(Coaltongues) and coastal defense artillery for ten major cities. So I am thinking that she would tell the party both of Cheshimox and also the disease of Cavallo. I am just trying to think about how Jierre's move would be altered by being on the different route. Can someone help with this?

Thanks!

Well, did the PCs just lie and offer more than they can back up? If Kenna reaches out to contacts in Risur, will she find out that the party is trying to pull a fast one? If so, maybe she gives them bad intel. Or maybe she just gives them mildly useful information and watches to see how they do with the railroad challenge. After all, if they claim they can get Ber a ton of military equipment but they struggle to get resources in to work on a railroad, she has reason to doubt their claim, and resent the attempt to bamboozle her.

ediz

Explorer
Also, I was wondering how Jierre's plans would change with her working with Liss instead of Griento. Should I just substitute place names or would her strategy be different. The ghouls encounter would be a problem for her and not the party.

Shimrath

Explorer
Also, I was wondering how Jierre's plans would change with her working with Liss instead of Griento. Should I just substitute place names or would her strategy be different. The ghouls encounter would be a problem for her and not the party.

Rush and Merton ride from near to the party's encampment, attack the head of the followers of Chesimox and then flee, covering their escape by magical means so that the undead will follow their arrival trail, leading them back to the party's encampment. The encounter takes place once the party's team reaches to within 8 miles of the finish line, so i see no reason why you couldn't run the encounter as is.

Remove ads