• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Sanne/DM]

"Lead on then, friend," says Aeranduil to the halfblood, with a nod to Sanne. "It has been a long day already, and a bit of food would set us right."
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika Kevseks, female shifter druid

At the Chapterhouse

Morika had been enjoying the cool ale when the dwarf began singing. It wasn't that she was a good singer herself. As a matter of fact, the few occasions where she had been drunk enough to sing herself, she had nearly shattered glass and had garnered a great deal of thrown food and drink in her face. She had a horrible voice and little sense of personal pitch. However, she knew and loved beautiful music, like the kind sung by the fey of her own Greensinger sect, and could not stand it when people sung off-pitch.

"Bleeding hells, at least croak on key!" Morika growled in the direction of the dwarf, sliding off her stool to walk to his corner of the room. "Don't di'respect t' music!"

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor turns his bleary eyes on the shifter. If ye don't like tha dwarvin' music, lass, ye've only to stop listenin'. I'm singin' of me lost delve and a sorrow no surface-dweller can understand.

He turns away, mumbling further details about giants and lost friends, but mercifully doesn't start singing again.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Aeranduil/DM]

"I'm jealous that you've been picked to captain her, but that will all be assuaged if you make the right pick for first mate..."

"Yes, but the House rather insists that even we reckless Windwright Captain types choose only qualified personnel." Sanne laughs.

"I know a great dive to get some good grub nearby."

"Well lead on, then. But do remember that I have been to Stormreach before, and I don't think my friend here would appreciate the kind of things we've been known to pull on first-timers."
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Redclaw said:
Thanor turns his bleary eyes on the shifter. If ye don't like tha dwarvin' music, lass, ye've only to stop listenin'. I'm singin' of me lost delve and a sorrow no surface-dweller can understand.

He turns away, mumbling further details about giants and lost friends, but mercifully doesn't start singing again.
"I thought dwarven music had rhythm," she muttered, but far less acerbicly. "And giants, bah, don't get me started. I'm on the path to find them that's been killing without conscience or kind, but nobody around here knows nothing worth knowing about them. It's gonna be right bloody."

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]

"Ahh, stop lordin' yer Windwright Captainness over me, will ya?" He says with a chuckle.

Then he snaps his fingers,"Right, so lets go grab some grub."

Valeon, your half-elf friend, leads you out of the Lyrander enclave and to the south, passing through a couple of wards before reaching the docks district. Boxes of cargo are being hauled and loaded and unloaded from numerous vessels along the waterfront. Warforged and regular laborers hurrying to finish their tasks before the last of the sunlight departs.

You approach a building that looks almost like a pile of sticks -- thousands of twigs that look thatched together. A small sign above the door depicts a cat at the helm of a ship, below which reads,"The Ship's Cat".

Valeon holds open the door for the two of you, then makes his way to the bar, where he yells out,"Harysh -- your best table for a Windwright Captain and her friends."

A woman, who looks to be a shifter of some sort, hollers back,"Lordy me -- if the Stormlords knew I was entertainin' a Captain, they'd raise my rent! Take the open table next to the fireplace."

You settle yourself into a cozy table next to the fireplace, then realize that you spot about a dozen cats roaming various parts of the restaurant, as well as taking up prominent spots on the warm stones in front of the fireplace. A few other small animals can be spotted, which look to either be familiars or animal companions to your trained eyes.

After a few minutes, a scraggly waitress comes up to your table to take your order.

[/sblock]

OOC: I haven't seen a post for Jaxel in weeks, so there is a good chance he'll stay behind in Stormreach.

Redclaw

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"I thought dwarven music had rhythm," she muttered, but far less acerbicly. "And giants, bah, don't get me started. I'm on the path to find them that's been killing without conscience or kind, but nobody around here knows nothing worth knowing about them. It's gonna be right bloody."

Thanor's eyes don't leave the ale, and his gaze seems to grow even darker. That be all giants, lass. Ever' last one o' tha hulks kill without conscience. But as I told, he looks around as if he misplaced something. Finally giving up he shrugs, someone a moment ago, if ye be goin' after giants, an could make us o' an extra axe, I'm yer dwarf.

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For DM/Sanne]
"Wine, please, white and sweet," says Aeranduil to the waitress. Then the elf looks at Valeon. "What do you recommend for food, my new friend?"
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]

"Ahh, if'n you want me to order a heroes feast for us all, then so be it," He says with a smile.

He turns towards the waitress and with a wink,"Bring us the house specialty!"

She shoots him a knowing look then heads back towards the kitchen. She returns a short while later with a glass of cool wine for Aeranduil, and a flagon of ale for Valeon.

Rich conversation flows back and forth across the table of various goings-on and gossip about House Lyrander activities.

A chorus of "oooh's" breaks up the conversation, and all eyes center on the platter being brought to your table. What appears to be a giant rat is being served upon a large silver platter -- it is hard to tell exactly what it is, since it is on fire.

The waitress stops at the table and gingerly sets the platter down in front of you, and gives a single snap of her fingers. The flames upon the entree extinguish and are replaced by a small amount of smoke.

Although it does not appear to me the most appetizing meal you've ever seen, the aroma that hits your nostrils makes your mouth water.

Valeon takes the lead and tears off a haunch and transfers it to his plate.

"What -- cat got your tongue?" He says with a laugh.

He takes a big bite of the meat and lets out a,"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika Kevsecks, female shifter druid

Redclaw said:
Thanor's eyes don't leave the ale, and his gaze seems to grow even darker. That be all giants, lass. Ever' last one o' tha hulks kill without conscience. But as I told, he looks around as if he misplaced something. Finally giving up he shrugs, someone a moment ago, if ye be goin' after giants, an could make us o' an extra axe, I'm yer dwarf.
Morika raises an eyebrow and snorts a bit, though in laughter, derision, or just because she was coughing, it's hard to say.

"Aye, we could use a good axe. Why're ye here? How'd you end up the back of beyond?" she asks.

Remove ads