S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Redclaw

First Post
At the mention of giants Thanor's drunken squint sharpens to the glint of cold steel. Aye, lass. I know of giants. I'm 'ere now 'cause the cursed beasts drove me and me delve out o' the tunnels we carved from the livin' rock o' the mountains. I don't ken how they tunnel-jumped us, but I'll be findin' a way to drive 'em out agen. I jest need to resupply and find a few others to help me search 'em out.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]

"This town wouldn't be Stormreach if there wasn't an undercurrent of thievery going on at some level -- those Stormlords don't really care if the town is murderin' each other as long as the tariff's, taxes, and duties are being collected." He spits on the ground.

"Self-styled 'Coin'lords. It it weren't for the dragonshards, I'm sure several nations on the mainland would come down here in force and enforce order."

"You're all talk about work, milady, surely you came her because you knew I would be here, isn't that right?

OOC: Aeranduil was not missing anything. @drothgery: I use the phb background, which is tan and brown, so I didn't realize you were having trouble seeing the dark blue. I changed it to red.

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Redclaw said:
At the mention of giants Thanor's drunken squint sharpens to the glint of cold steel. Aye, lass. I know of giants. I'm 'ere now 'cause the cursed beasts drove me and me delve out o' the tunnels we carved from the livin' rock o' the mountains. I don't ken how they tunnel-jumped us, but I'll be findin' a way to drive 'em out agen. I jest need to resupply and find a few others to help me search 'em out.

Ipshivi's chuckle is nearly soundless, a faint whistle of air. "We're going hunting for some pesky ones, and I don't doubt we'll want a local guide. If you're here in the morning, mayhap we'll be able to offer you a job- even if it is a different bunch of giants, an extra blade might be welcome."

OOC: Just so everybody is on the same page, Ipshivi is, as usual, still invisible.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: And that is probably why Ipshivi is talking to him- by keeping her voice fairly quiet, anyone watching will just think Thanor is drunk enough to talk to the air or the furniture...

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Sanne/DM]
Aeranduil only shakes his head. He took a dim view on thievery; indeed, if he caught a pickpocket, the elf would be tempted to remove the criminal's hand.

He turns his attention to Sanne as the half-elf speaks, curious to hear what his companion has to say.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=DM/Aeranduil]
"And being the upright and trustworthy members of the business community that we of House Lyrandar are, we make great efforts to ensure that we pay every copper piece of taxes that we owe." She laughs. "If it weren't for the dragonshards, almost no one would be down here at all. Maybe those of us crazy enough to want to be Windwright Captains, but few others.

"I am sorry to say that I had not remembered you would be here. Join us for dinner and we can catch up on old times? And let me know how construction of Stormrider is coming along, and if I am still in line to captain her."

[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor looks around the table again, his eyes crossing a little as he realizes there's no body to go with the voice he's hearing. I'll be here in tha mornin', and if ye're here, where I can see ye, I might be takin' ye up on that offer.
He then downs another ale and goes back to his singing. While slightly more uplifting, this song is just as poorly sung as the last one.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Aeranduil/Sanne]

"Aye, I'll join ya for dinner, you can even bring your friend along," he says with a wink.

"Last I heard 'bout the Stormrider was that the gnomes were having a problem with getting enough soarwood to finish the ship -- seems that the supply chain out of Aeranal has been behind their quota for some time."

"I'm jealous that you've been picked to captain her, but that will all be assuaged if you make the right pick for first mate..."

"I know a great dive to get some good grub nearby."

[/sblock]

Remove ads