S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Sanne and Aeranduil]
Sanne recognizes a few of the folks as they enter the common room. From behind her comes a vaguely familiar voice.

"Hey beautiful -- who's the pureblood? You didn't run off and get married behind my back, did you?"

You turn and see a brown haired half-elf that you once crewed with on a sternwheeler, many years ago.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM/Aeranduil]
"Just a partner for this job, my friend." Sanne said. "Besides, I wouldn't have half so many encounters with interesting people if I went and tied myself down."

"Any news here in Stormreach that I should know about?" She asked.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]

"Besides the 'Coin'lords trying to jack up the docking tariffs again?" The tanned half-elf asks.

"The only current topic for gossip would be the losses that have struck House Tharashk over the past month or so, but you already know about that, or else you wouldn't be here gracin' me with your presence." He says with a wink.

"If'n yer headin' into the jungle after the others, be careful -- I've heard that all sorts of strange creatures be lurking in the deeps of the forest, even moreso now, or so I'm told."

[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Late in the evening Voadam makes his way to meet up with others, his mind making sense of the dozens of reports he has pored over and what they reveal. Patterns large and small both of the local fauna, and of the House's activities.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith arrives at the Tharashk offices and looks around, suddenly realizing he's at the wrong place.

He leaps up and exclaims "This is not my office!"

To which a House Inspector Todd replies from the doorway "You're damn right it isn't!"

Yoggrith sheepishly walks away and heads to the Chapterhouse where he is staying... over in the small circle of trees on the hillside of Bevurrlie. The Bevurrlie Hills Copse.

Rhun

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]

"Besides the 'Coin'lords trying to jack up the docking tariffs again?" The tanned half-elf asks.

"The only current topic for gossip would be the losses that have struck House Tharashk over the past month or so, but you already know about that, or else you wouldn't be here gracin' me with your presence." He says with a wink.

"If'n yer headin' into the jungle after the others, be careful -- I've heard that all sorts of strange creatures be lurking in the deeps of the forest, even moreso now, or so I'm told."

[/sblock]

[sblock=DM & Sanne]
Aeranduil frowns briefly as he considers the half-elf's words. "I am unfamiliar with the jungles. What sorts of strange beasts have you heard tell of?"
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Jaxel/Thanor]
OOC: Jaxel went directly to the Chapterhouse, where he has been throwing back a few flagons, and has struck up a conversation (or drinking contest) with Thanor.

The Chapterhouse is a newly constructed building, with prominent reliefs of House Phairlan and Ghallanda etched into the stone columns framing the doorway. Several tables filled with late lunch patrons are outside in a vine covered portico. Once inside, the brightly lit common room has an ample sized stage to one side, more tables and a bar on the other. Directly in front of you stands a beautiful elven maiden, standing behind an innkeepers desk. On the opposite wall, you see stairs going up.

Several halflings are seen carrying trays laden with food and drink.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]
"The strange ones look like some ordinary creature you would see on Khorvaire or Xen'drik, but when they get close -- you can see that they aren't really what they seem to be -- I've heard tales of them changin' into some horrible shape that puts the fear of the Dark Six into ya." The half-elf shakes his head as if in disbelief.

"I'm tellin' ya, its much safer to be in the air, or on the water, then knee deep in the muck in the jungle down here..." He looks off in the distance.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ipshivi/Yoggrith]

As the large half-orc stumbles out of the offices of House Tharashk, a short, stocky half-orc stops him.

"Exactly what are you doing here?" he says.

A human appears around the corner and hollers,"Taggart -- you got things under control?"

"Sure, Rosewood -- I'll be back in a sec, don't be lookin' at my cards while I'm out here."

He leads you towards the exit.

You make your way past the still bustling bazaar, towards the large building beyond it.

The Chapterhouse is a newly constructed building, with prominent reliefs of House Phairlan and Ghallanda etched into the stone columns framing the doorway. Several tables filled with late lunch patrons are outside in a vine covered portico. Once inside, the brightly lit common room has an ample sized stage to one side, more tables and a bar on the other. Directly in front of you stands a beautiful elven maiden, standing behind an innkeepers desk. On the opposite wall, you make out stairs going up.

"May I be of assistance," The elven maiden asks in a honeyed voice.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Sanne/Aeranduil]
"The strange ones look like some ordinary creature you would see on Khorvaire or Xen'drik, but when they get close -- you can see that they aren't really what they seem to be -- I've heard tales of them changin' into some horrible shape that puts the fear of the Dark Six into ya." The half-elf shakes his head as if in disbelief.

"I'm tellin' ya, its much safer to be in the air, or on the water, then knee deep in the muck in the jungle down here..." He looks off in the distance.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM/Aeranduil]
"True enough. But no one ever made a fortune by playing it safe." Sanne said. "I don't suppose you know anyone with a first-hand report of these things? Rumors are all well and good for a story, but I should like facts before heading out there."
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Ipshivi/Yoggrith]

As the large half-orc stumbles out of the offices of House Tharashk, a short, stocky half-orc stops him.

"Exactly what are you doing here?" he says.

A human appears around the corner and hollers,"Taggart -- you got things under control?"

"Sure, Rosewood -- I'll be back in a sec, don't be lookin' at my cards while I'm out here."

He leads you towards the exit.

You make your way past the still bustling bazaar, towards the large building beyond it.

The Chapterhouse is a newly constructed building, with prominent reliefs of House Phairlan and Ghallanda etched into the stone columns framing the doorway. Several tables filled with late lunch patrons are outside in a vine covered portico. Once inside, the brightly lit common room has an ample sized stage to one side, more tables and a bar on the other. Directly in front of you stands a beautiful elven maiden, standing behind an innkeepers desk. On the opposite wall, you make out stairs going up.

"May I be of assistance," The elven maiden asks in a honeyed voice.
[/sblock]

GM [sblock] As they moved into the Chapterhouse, Ipshivi stayed securely in Yoggrith's sizable shadow, moving with her usual soundless grace. She had to shake her head at the sight of her fellow halflings going about their domestic work- she had almost entirely avoided Ghallandra-run inns since she left home, and the sight was sad but familiar. To her, these tame folk had abandoned the fierce, proud ways of the tribal ancestors...

Once the elven maid stepped forward, Ipshivi let Yoggrith do the talking, while she looked around the room to see if any of their compatriots were here yet- or if anyone seemed to be watching them too closely... [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=DM/Jaxel] Thanor sits where he has sat every night since his companions left Stormreach to return to Khorvaire, drinking as heavily as he is capable and lamenting the loss of his honor. Most of those in the chapter house have already heard his story and learned to avoid him, as an angry, drunk dwarf looking to prove his dwarfhood can be a dangerous companion.

Still, as the gnome approaches Thanor looks up and nods a welcome his way. He can tell with a glance that this is one who understands the thrill of battle, and the responsibility to protect those weaker than himself. Well met, small one. Ye look ta have just gotten past tha teeth. If so, welcome to tha Isle of Secrets, lad. I hope yer stay will prove happier than mine. With a self-deprecating smile and shrug, the dwarf turns back to his ale. [/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Elf Maiden said:
"May I be of assistance?"
Yoggrith nods at the elven female. "I believe we have beds here for the evening... we are with the Tharashk hunting party. Yoggrith M'groth and Ipshivi... although I'm sure the young halfling behind me is currently hidden from your eyes."

The halfork waits patiently for a response, and makes no attempt to point out to the female that Ipshivi is in fact behind him, but just invisible. If the elf cannot accept his story, that's her problem.

Remove ads