• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
"This shouldn't be too much trouble. Some of you have magic that lets you fly, we have quite a bit of rope among us, and if anyone needs some aid climbing, jumping, or swimming I can create a device that will temporarily improve your abilities there." Sanne said.

OOC: She can use the Skill Enhancement infusion to make +3/skill items that last 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil looks at Sanne, skeptism written across his feature. "And should the dragon or some other enemy stumble upon us while we are swimming or climbing? What then?

Redclaw

First Post
Me armor isn't as light 'n airy as yers, lass. I'm afraid I'm not much fer swimmin' or climbin', the sturdy dwarf responds. I'll do what I has to, but I'm much happier with both feet on solid ground.

[sblock=OOC]OOC: a +3 boost would put Thanor at +7 to climb, and -1 to balance. Not the best numbers to be playing with unless we can use climb at a pretty low DC with the rope...[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Aeranduil looks at Sanne, skeptism written across his feature. "And should the dragon or some other enemy stumble upon us while we are swimming or climbing? What then?"

"I imagine it's only slightly more dangerous than some enemy stumbling upon us while we're standing up against a cliff trying to figure out how to get to the other side." She said.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"If somebody has magic left for flying, that might be best. Swimming and climbing are usually too slow- and given that these ruins are definitely not deserted, who knows what might be in the water..." Ipshivi quipped as she stepped up to the edge of the canal. "If we aren't ready to fly over, though, we better break out the rope. I've got about a hundred feet- if anybody else has some, we ought to see about finding someplace to tie it off."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yogrrith gazes across the canal as the others begin discussing the hows and wherefore about getting across at this space in time. Before commeting one way or the other on the plan of action... he turns his head to the left and to the right... to check out to see if there might be a bridge in either direction.

Why fly, climb, or swim before first checking to see if they could just walk?

Voadam

Legend
"I have no more flight magic today. The dragon will be approaching the second tower first, we should therefore head to the first tower. I can cover us all once in invisibility which should keep us hidden while we cross, though dragon senses are so keen that I expect it to note us if it comes close enough. Are there any besides the dwarf who will sink? Look for substantial drift wood that can be clung to as a makeshift raft."

Voadam scans the rubble here, looking for buoyant objects.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil too turns his attention to looking up and down the length of the canal, trying to determine if there is another way across the thing.

Remove ads