• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"That settles it then. We walk. I care not what might be down there... and I have no intention of finding out by jumping into the water without wearing my armor."

Yoggrith looks east and west, then begins walking in the opposite direction of which way the dragon was seen to be going.

Voadam

Legend
"Let us be off then." Voadam moves over towards the one bridge, hoping it will lead ultimately to their goal. He keeps an eye out for the dragon.

Voadam

Legend
West?

ooc I'm not sure if it is west, but the left hand side of the map has the bridge leading to another section that connects down towards the lower part of the map. It looks like the only way to proceed from here.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: West, or left rather sounds good to me as well

IC: Ipshivi gave one last curious glance at the object in the water and then padded off towards the nearest bridge. "I'll take the lead, I guess- unless somebody else wants to go first. I'll hum just a bit, so whoever is following can keep track of me..." As soon as she finished speaking, she began a soft, tuneless humming, almost a low buzzing, and moved up to scout a safe path.

OOC: Moving towards the "western" bridge, across it, then "southwest" towards the next bridge- moving as much as possible between the two roughly parallel rows of buildings so as not to be obviously out in the open.
Spot +8, Listen +12, See the Unseen active; If her soft humming is too hard for theothers to keep track of, she will draw a dagger and scratch marks for a trail.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil follows close behind Ipshivi, keeping his eyes and ears open for any signs of danger.

Listen +8, Spot +13, Move Silently +11

Voadam

Legend
"There is something down there, I think," Ipshivi chirped. "It is very hard to see, though, translucent- maybe glass or crystal of some kind..."

OOC: [sblock] any idea of the size of whatever it is, even roughly? [/sblock]

"Hmm, you have the power to see the invisible correct? So the translucence must then be its true essence, whatever it is. I wonder if that is another magically induced natural adaptation for a creature such as one of the wingless draconic river beasts, though that seems unlikely to me, or a creation of some kind. A crystal construct does seem most likely at the moment to my mind."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Hmm, you have the power to see the invisible correct? So the translucence must then be its true essence, whatever it is. I wonder if that is another magically induced natural adaptation for a creature such as one of the wingless draconic river beasts, though that seems unlikely to me, or a creation of some kind. A crystal construct does seem most likely at the moment to my mind."

"Even with a perfect angle, I could barely see it- and not enough to tell its size or shape. I just know I don't want to play with it, whether it is a lizard or a construct or whatever- since it isn't a giant, and that is what we're hunting." Ipshivi paused just long enough to speak, then moved off again, headed out on her scouting...

Voadam

Legend
Voadam shakes his head. "We're not hunting giants, we're investigating what they've been doing." He continues on with the main party, trying to pick up details and get a sense of the ruins they move through.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Much like the phoenix rises from its ashes....

You backtrack towards your entry point into the ruined city, traversing the large rubble and overgrown plazas and walkways. The ruins are in such a state, that most of the time, you have no idea what the function of most buildings once were -- some show faded frescoes, where others show little beyond cracked marble or granite -- all items of value stripped off of walls and years of dirt and grime covering everything.

You notice some recent pillaging by the areas where the dirt and grime have been sloppily wiped away or an outline in the dirt where something once lay.

You cross the NW bridge and enter into a sector dominated by humanoid sized ruins. A path through the rubble can be seen, as it appears to be well travelled. It begins at the end of the footbridge you just crossed and winds its way through the area to the SW, bringing you to the next footbridge that crosses the canal to the sector to the south.

Now that Ipshivi's eyes have become accustomed to the canal's water, she notices several more of the gelatinous shapes sitting idle in the water as she crosses the second footbridge.

Once the group is back upon dry land, a loud "WHOOSH" can be heard echoing through the area, followed by what sound like wing-beats. The tempo of them accelerate and moments later a huge green reptilian form can be seen coming into view from behind the looming Titan's Teeth structures to the east. Your hearts race and adrenaline surges as raw primal fear grips all of you as your eyes focus intently upon the creature. Instictively you duck for cover and watch as the creature rises further into the air and starts to turn to the south.

You realize that it probably does not see you, or give a care for your presence. It disappears over the southern canopy moments later, carrying off what appeared to be a stone pillar in its claws.

Soon after, your pulse slows down and the normal sounds from the surrounding jungle return, although you don't remember exactly when disappeared...

The group decides to head directly towards the Titan's Teeth, and makes its way through what appears to have been a huge outdoor plaza or market, evidenced from the large open area. On the eastern side of the plaza, you see a footbridge leading to the middle of the ruined city.

Across another canal lies the base of the heart of the city, with both of the Teeth rising form the center.

You approach the structure from the west, and circle around to the northern side, where you had seen what looked like an entryway from your earlier vantage point to the north. The entryway is surrounded by rubble and stone blocks that appear to have fallen from the tower above, as several of floors have gaps or missing portions of walls.

Several sets of footprints in the dirt show you that there has been traffic into this building in recent times. Aeranduil surmises that both humanoid and larger than humanoids have trod on this very ground.

Ipshivi walks towards the entryway, which at one time, must have been quite glorious, a roughly 40' tall archway, possibly 30-40' in width, with a double wide set of stairs leading up to it with what probably were plantings and fountains along each side.

Now covered in rock and rubble, the passable width consists of 15-20' in the center.

[sblock=ipshivi]
You notice dried blood spatters on several of the steps and spray patterns on the rubble on each side of the walkway -- a recent battle was fought here, although you can't tell exactly how long ago. No bodies in sight.
[/sblock]

OOC: I'll be speeding up the pace on my end a bit to move the plot forward and get to the fun part -- smashing tiny humanoids with big clubs.

Remove ads