S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sneak, sneak, sneak...

GM: [sblock] rough ceiling height? Ipshivi will move along the wall, close to the ceiling (unless that is more than 60 feet up, in which case, she'll stay roughly 60 feet from the floor). She will first move towards the piled debris- just close enough to hit it with a Detect Magic. Then she will proceed towards the stairwell- if it appears open, she will move down, again staying up along the wall near to the ceiling. [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Gritting his teeth in anticipation for the frustration he will feel, Thanor speaks quickly to Sanne. Do yer talkin' fast then. I'll not be waitin' long ta chop. I've lost too many friends an' clan-mates ta trust a giant more'n a few seconds worth.

drothgery

First Post
Gritting his teeth in anticipation for the frustration he will feel, Thanor speaks quickly to Sanne. Do yer talkin' fast then. I'll not be waitin' long ta chop. I've lost too many friends an' clan-mates ta trust a giant more'n a few seconds worth.

"The House does require a certain skill in negotiation for anyone they mean to place in command in an airship. Besides, giants who can hide a lie from a skilled observer of such things are few and far between." She says. "If we were on my airship, you'd chop when I said chop, and not a second earlier. As it is, I'll have to trust that if I'm learning something, you'll hold off."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Outside

Ganyon's head darts all around, making sure nothing out of the ordinary enters his field of view.

"Ah till yah, I dunt like dis waitin' business. Our house always makes camp in tha 'Teeth. I'm fairly familiar wit da layoot ov da place, as I been here before plenty o' times befores..."

Mai Zak intones an irritated snort,"I doubt you been here sober though."
The gnome priest slaps his thigh and breaks out into laughter.

"Shut it, witch." says the irritated guide. "I kin handle my likker 'N still keep me senses 'round me."
"Bah, ye 'ave gotten me goat." He storms off to the north, walking along the canal.

A smile escapes the females half-orc's lips.

[sblock=Aeranduil]
Know(Nature) and Track check pass

A cursory inspection of the entryway turns up humanoid [various sizes and shapes), giant-sized humanoid, what appear to be insectoid (looks to you like the Scorrow tracks you saw earlier)]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ipshivi]
The ceilings are roughly 40' tall.

You climb up the wall and head towards the organized piles of debris. From your aerial vantage point, you notice that the layout of the debris makes it appear to be a makeshift camp site. A firepit is in the center, with the debris forming an arc from the wall about 20' from the firepit location. The campsite has two entries, one on each the north and south portion of the arc.

Your eyes pick out a few broken swords and blood stains in which it would appear to have once poured out of a body.

No bodies can be seen however. Which seems odd to you. Several pools of dried blood, with a partial outline of a body in the midst, but yet the body is gone.

Your senses also do not notice any other living creatures at this time.

You make your way towards the stairwell, and head down the dusty, cob-web filled staircase, well, at least where you are on the walls is still covered with cobwebs and other such items, the main pathway itself on the stair treads has seen some use.

In this vast basement, (basically the size of the first floor) a feathery white elemental ring surrounds what appears to be an enormous copper engine. Dozens of thick pipes sprout from the engine and disappear into the walls.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sneak, sneak, sneak...

GM: [sblock] Human-sized campsite, or giant-sized? I'm guessing human, but wanted to check. [/sblock]

After a few minutes worth of exploration (which probably seemed ten times as long for those waiting outside), the ball of light that theoretically marked Ipshivi's position reappeared in the doorway and floated back out. Once she reached the group, she pulled a dagger and began to sketch a rough map in the dirt...

"One big room on the first level- entrance here, lifts here, stairs here. Looks like some kind of a campsite, screened by debris- that is here. There's blood, and signs of a fight but no bodies- there were, I think, but they've been removed, probably by whoever won the fight. Another big room downstairs, with an elemental engine- probably some kind of power source for the building. No sign of anyone or anything alive or moving. Do we want to move inside, so we're out of sight from the air? We can poke around a bit more, or we can check the entry for the other tower."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam asks Ipshivi, "The lifts and engine, are these ancient things that have long since stopped working?" To Ganyon he says "Tell me about the times you were here before, what were you engaged in and what did you discover?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
@ Voadam: Ipshivi noticed that the air inside the windowless building was cooler and drier than the outside, humid, jungle air.

The gnome priest hurries towards the canal to retrieve the irritated guide, and returns in a few minutes.

Ganyon eyes Mai Zak angrily.

"Me 'house uses the 'Teeth as a base camp when we are in da area. Ah bin 'ere a few times in da past, mainly fer a deh er so. 'Tis cooler inside 'n we put tugetha a barricade along da one wall fer protection at night."

"I've neva bin upstairs at all tho. Only seen da engine dunstairs -- it keeps da place nice n' cool."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"The engine's still working, I think. Don't know about the lifts. I didn't try them- even if they aren't working, we ought to be able to fly or climb up the shafts to get to the upper levels."

Once Ganyon had returned, Ipshivi listened to his description. "If you set up a barricade for camping, that matches what I saw pretty well. Maybe the missing expedition used the same spot- if so, I'd guess it might be their blood on the ground, and their bodies gone missing. Now we've got to see where..."

Rhun

First Post
Having finished his analysis of the tracks, Aeranduil returns to join the others. "In addition to the humanoid and giant tracks I noted earlier, there are also insectoid tracks...most likely the same type of scorpion creatures we fought earlier. We must be on our guard."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The halfork straightens himself after leaning forward to look at the sketch that the halfling drew. "Then advancing to the camp is our first step then. Let us go." Yoggrith pulls out his quarterstaff and begins walking towards the objective.

Remove ads