S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
"The engine's still working, I think. Don't know about the lifts. I didn't try them- even if they aren't working, we ought to be able to fly or climb up the shafts to get to the upper levels."

"I'll take a look at them. They should work on the same principle as our airships." Sanne says.

s@squ@tch

First Post
The group enters the main floor of the building.

Sanne breaks off from the group and heads for the bank of lifts along the right wall. Three of the four consist of rubble, the lift plate having been destroyed many years ago. One lift plate still hovers slightly off of the ground.

As Ipshivi described, a make-shift barricade can be seen against the wall to the left. The group notices a few more broken weapons and spatters of blood, as though a running battle was fought here recently. The layout of the pools seem to grow more dense as the barricade area is approached.

Ganyon kneels down and touches one of the dried pools of blood, testing it with his fingertips.

"Me mates wudda 'ad sentries posted at da entrance. Damn devils musta got 'em after da main group wenta sleep."

The barricade area, after a close inspection, is littered with various camp-gear - bedrolls, torn empty backpacks, etc. No items of value remain, but you cannot be sure whether who removed them -- whether the attackers or the scavengers.

Rhun

First Post
"Certainly not glad tidings," says Aeranduil quietly. He turns his attention to trying to find any tracks that might indicate which way anyone may have traveled away from the site of the battle...survivors or the aggressors.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Aeranduil]

You notice all sorts of giant humanoid footprints on the floor, most appear to be the type one would make in battle, and see several sets moving back towards the entrance.

You would surmise that the giants left the building once they finished.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
The elven archer shakes his head as if coming to some sort of bad conclusion, and then turns back to the others. "This was the work of giants. After they finished this bloody business, they headed back to the entrance."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi thought for a moment about the elf's conclusions. "So it isn't likely we're going to find more answers here. And it seems obvious that this really isn't a safe place to camp. Maybe if we can get those lifts running, we can camp farther up in the tower- but we've got a bit of time to poke around here before we need to settle in. I'm going to go check the other tower- does anyone want to come with me?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock= Spot DC20]
You've noticed that most of the blood pools and spatters had little movement to them -- making you think that the non-giants were struck dead where they stand. However, you notice one particular spray has a faint trail of dried blood, intermixed with the pools here and there, leading towards the barricade area. Once inside the barricade, it is harder to follow, but leads into the barricade itself.

A small opening is in front of you, which might lead to a small pocket inside the barricade. Could someone have crawled inside, wounded from the attack?

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ipshivi]

You notice the invisible sensor once again trailing behind Isida.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Be careful! We're being watched again," Ipshivi's voice was pitched low, and carried a waspish tone of annoyance as she described the progress of the invisible scrying sensor following them again. Something else drew her attention away a moment later, and she began to examine the pile of debris carefully. "Someone want to give me a hand over here? I might have found something..."

OOC: Spot 1d20+8= 25; roll Roll Lookup

GM: [sblock] She wil approach the "pocket" in the debris and check it over- Search +8 and trapfinding. Is the opening small enough for her to enter, or do we need to remove some of the debris? [/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]

The opening is partially covered by a bit of dead jungle vines, stuck haphazardly between a couple of chipped blocks of rough granite.

It doesn't look like something that was built on purpose, but an artifact of the stacking process.

The opening is large enough for you to enter, as a slim human would be able to wriggle in.

Your inspection yields no traps on the outside.

As you crawl in, you only get about a foot before you are forced to turn to the left, and you recoil slightly as your hand touchs a leather boot.

In the darkness, you can make out the form of a half-orc, wrapped up in a cloak, with only its hands and face showing.

It doesn't look alive.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
From the side of the barricade around the campsite, there was a brief muttered cursing- then the ball of light marking Ipshivi's position brightened considerably. "If you can take that scrying sensor away for a moment, I definitely found something." Ipshivi's voice was higher now, tinged with excitement. "There is a body in here, a half-orc I think. Maybe one of Tharashk's missing... He is wedged in here pretty good, though. We might have to pull the whole barricade apart to get him out- which is okay, since this isn't a safe campsite anymore anyway. Ganyon, do you want to come take a look, see if you can get in there and maybe see if you know who this is- or was, I guess. And maybe we can send somebody up to watch the front door, if we're going to be working here..."

Remove ads