S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

s@squ@tch

First Post
So, what does the group want to do? Explore the tower a bit? Try to follow the tracks?

So far, I'm seeing a mixed bag of plans.

Inquiring minds want to know.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=renau1q]

If anyone from the group is reading this, your PC is now cursed.

FYI - you're going to be added to the group soon -- if, that is, they keep exploring the tower.

Also, your backstory ending will be modified slightly to fit in with my wicked plans. :)

Also, kick Farce in the keister -- I will be expecting him to be posting much more frequently once you are added to the group. ;)

So, keep an eye on the IC thread.

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
From my observations, team gold has been moving somewhat slower than I had expected. Is there something that I can do as DM to improve the game for the players? Or do you feel like the game is proceeding at a good pace?

I'm not trying to guilt you into posting more frequently (well, kind of), but if your heart just isn't into it, let me know -- it won't hurt my feelings. :)

People who have been posting regularly:

stonegod, evo

People who might appear to need to subscribe to thread, so they can be aware of when updates are made:

shayuri, void

People who have disappeared off the face of the planet:

farce

People soon to be added:

renau1q

Shayuri

First Post
Mew. I don't even know how to subscribe to a thread.

But the main problem for me is that I've sort of lost the heart of the character, if that makes any sense. There's been a few times now when I'll try to think of a post, and I just...don't know what he'd do.

And part of it too is that he's a pretty quiet, unobtrusive character except during a fight. I admit, I'm not sure how I ever played him now...what seemed like a cool idea before seems kind of boring now. :)

I do apologize though. I'm not trying to be a pain. There was just a long period of time where the game was on hold, and it's really hard for me to get back to where I was, for some reason.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Shayuri - do you want to continue with Dreadnaught, alter him, or would you prefer to use a new PC? All options can be pursued, if that would get you back into the flow of the game. Obviously, the down period had a cooling effect on a lot of things, so if you still want to continue, we can attempt to stoke the flames, so to speak. If not, no worries, just let me know. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Let me go back to the chargen info and see what tickles.

Altering him might help, but since the issue's as much a problem with his character as his mechanics...

Well, let me chew on it a day and see if there's any sweetness left.

Edit - Er, oops. The chargen info isn't in this thread...do you happen to have it written down?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Here is the crunch:
3.5 Edition rules
# of characters: 7
Level: 8th
Starting Equipment: 27K (8th) -- no item more than 1/2
Alignment: No requirement, but if you plan an evil character, a good reason, plus a good cover, would be required.
Ability Generation: 32 point buy
Hit Points: Max HP at 1st level, leveling up, take 3/4 of the maximum possible roll for your hit points. For classes using a d6 or d10, round down, but make it up at the next level.
Source Material: Core + All Eberron + Complete Series, Magic Item Compendium, Tome of Battle, Book of Exalted Deeds, Libris Mortis, basically everything - but check with me if not listed here. No: Incarnum, Psionics
Setting: Eberron -- so only races present on Eberron would qualify.
Speed: Very important: I try to post once a day, I am looking for a fast paced game, but allowing time for character development and interaction with the world. This is a long series of modules, so I am looking for people into it for the long haul. Your posting record will be looked into and used with your character concept submission.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
I posted this in the Team Black thread, and feel that it adequate reflects my feelings towards this group as well.

Obviously, most of it re-states what I attempted to put a few posts above.

If you feel like you want to tweak your existing PC, or even create a new one, this point in the adventure is a good time to do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to take this opportunity and thank those of you who have stuck by this game -- and rejoined after the unannounced hiatus.

That being said, if there is something that I can do in order to improve the game, please let me know -- my goal is to create a sense of pulse-pounding excitement to capture the essence of this very classic module.

If you are no longer that excited about your PC in the game, or if the flame has gone out, please let me know -- we are at the best point in the game to tweak a PC, if that is something that will reignite the fire.

If you are no longer interested in the game, please let me know. There will be no hard feelings if you just aren't 'feeling' it anymore. I don't want you to feel obligated to participate in something that you don't want to be part of. There is no shame in saying,"You know, I just can't recapture the excitement I had with this PC before the unplanned hiatus." I completely understand.

That being said, I have to admit that I'm quite psyched to finally have the group at the beginning of the actual module -- and I hope that the rest of you feel the same. :eek: :)

Remove ads