• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
[sblock=S@S]Okay. It didn't hurt to ask did it? :D [/sblock]

[sblock=Evo]
Nope. You probably know nothing about them, because you can't get your wooden/metal brain? sucked out by one. ;)
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan looks at Jerone, "No one has accused you or your establishment of anything, please calm yourself. I know I had my weapon secured, for it would be foolish and an invite for death to not have it." Davan studies Jerone carefully, then moves off in the direction of the door.

[sblock=ooc]

I would hate to just assume that Davan knows something about Mind Flayers. I would think that most adventerers would have some clue, but Davan does kinda suck at life :) [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

If Dreadnought leaves with Davan outside, Morph will join them. He has know reason to stay in an establisment to feed those that need it, especially if two of his comrades are going outside to look for their missing possessions after Void warned them of a hostile creature that could be in the area. He pauses before they leave, speaking to Dreadnaught. "I will watch your back." He then intones the words of a spell and disappears from view.

[sblock=ooc]If Dread and Davan leave, I'll follow them, telling them I'll be there, then I'll go invisible. Duration is 7 minutes. I'll tail them, keeping about 20' behind them. When my spell gets closer to wearing off, I'll move right up behind them.[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
[sblock=ooc]
I would hate to just assume that Davan knows something about Mind Flayers. I would think that most adventerers would have some clue, but Davan does kinda suck at life :) [/sblock]

[sblock=Davan]
Due to his cloistered training in the church, Davan really doesn't know much about aberrations in general, more specifically, he knows next to nothing about this 'mind flayer' that Void speaks of.
[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
"Beyond the unpleasantness of the name, I have no idea what a "mind flayer" is. It challenged you; are you saying you will not meet its challenge without us? Frankly, if it leaves me alone I don't care. We have enough things trying to kill us as it is."

They are monstrous aberrations with mind blasting powers. They live in the moist caverns and cities of Xoriat.
Void spits on the floor in disgust
In our tomes and books it is written that Illithids believe themselves to be the dominant species of the multiverse and use other intelligent creatures as thralls, slaves, and chattel, but be aware …
He pauses and takes another sip
…The mind flayers of this world are resistant to damage from all weapons that are known to us except those made out of byeshk, an exotic material that is known to my ancestors.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought lingers a moment to take in Void's words.

"Would a mind flayer steal our belongings?" he inquires, trying to find some pattern to the events occurring.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
They are monstrous aberrations with mind blasting powers. They live in the moist caverns and cities of the enormous Underdark.
In our tomes and books it is written that Illithids believe themselves to be the dominant species of the multiverse and use other intelligent creatures as thralls, slaves, and chattel, but be aware …
…The mind flayers of this world are resistant to damage from all weapons that are known to us except those made out of byeshk, an exotic material that is known to my ancestors.

[sblock=void]
Not sure there is an underdark in in Eberron. Mind Flayers live on Xoriat (the plane of madness) in the Eberron Campaign Setting.
[/sblock]

Shayuri said:
Dreadnought lingers a moment to take in Void's words.

"Would a mind flayer steal our belongings?" he inquires, trying to find some pattern to the events occurring.

No, but to those with mind he can steal the sanity and self control of the body.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
They are monstrous aberrations with mind blasting powers. They live in the moist caverns and cities of Xoriat.

"Resistant is one thing, but you hit anythin' hard enough an it'll go down." rumbles Lo-Kag, fingering his spear.

Remove ads