• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God (Recruiting Closed)

scranford

Explorer
If you're still recruiting, I'd like a chance to play a bloodthirsty, cursing, screaming nasty attitude mercernary fighter. Has seen one (or two) too many battles, and now istn't happy unless slinging his sword; or Axe; or Maul;.... Maybe a dual class barbarian / fighter, as I see offense being his forte. More Blood! More Blood!

Gideon wandered through the haze of the battlefield, the banner for his company "The Snow Ravens" worn like a cape to shield him from the biting cold. Blood steamed from a thousand tiny, and not so tiny cuts, and he barely had the energy to lift his gore splattered Maul from the Mud of the battlefield. Dead, all dead. From young Angus, to Sgt Matters ripped from life and lying cold and lifeless at his feet. Grimald won't need that fine dagger where he's going, and I always did like that helmet with the triple snarling wolves emblazoned on the side that Sledge took off that haughty hobgoblin warchief. My time is coming soon or later, and soon I'll join them with my pale lifeless eyes staring up at the sky. But not yet. Need to stitch up that lip; can't hold in the drool with it torn like that. Where's patches and his medical kit. Guess I'll have to do it myself. What I need to do is find a nice village to settle down for a while and heal. Then onward to seek my own mortality. What was the name of that town that Bellows mentioned he had a cousin in...Orlane yeah that was it. I guess if I just head south, I'll either run into it or find someone whom knows where it is. Ah, there is Patches bald head, and a bit of luck for a change he has his healing kit still.

Gideon Novak
Human Barbarian 1 / Fighter 1

(I'll work out the character if I'm in)

Steve

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is a writeup and brief background.

ARI THE FLAME CR 2
Male high elf wizard 2
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Age 145
Height 5’ 2”
Weight 112 lbs.
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Sylvan, Gnoll, Orc
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10
(+4 Dex)
hp 7 (2 HD)
Immune sleep
Resist +2 to save vs. enchantment
Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +1
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +1 (1d8/19-20)
Ranged longbow +5 (1d8/x3)
Base Atk +1; Grp +1
Combat Gear scroll of glitterdust, scroll of locate object, scroll of web
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 2nd):
1st—burning hands, jet of steam, [open slot]
0—detect magic, mage hand, mending, read magic
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 8
SQ notice secret doors
Feats Alacritous Cogitation
Skills Concentration +4, Decipher Script +8, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (religion) +8, Knowledge (the planes) +8, Listen +1, Search +6, Spellcraft +8, Spot +1
Possessions combat gear plus longsword, longbow, 20 arrows, spellbook, spell component pouch, 3 pearls (100 gp each), 59 gp
Spellbook spells prepared plus 0—all; 1st—charm person, grease, identify, mage armor, magic missile, shield, unseen servant

Ari left his homeland in Celene seeking simpler things. His penchant for fire magic always interfered with his ability to gain respect among elves, yet he found that humans and other "lesser races" respected this power as he felt it should be respected. He has flitted about between adventuring parties, never content to stay in one place for long, never cooperating well enough, but he has finally overcome some of his youthful imprudence and decided it is time to take his life seriously before it ends. Hence, he has taken up with a new group, vowing this time not to let his temper get the better of him and to prove his worth to the team.

Ayden

First Post
I am almost done with the nuts and bolts and his history. I don't want to write too much, as he is still a relative novice priest, but I wanted to get something up to show progress was being made.

I found this pic on the internet, so hopefully the artist doesn't mind me using it for the game. His/her work was amazing with dwarves, so I went with this one showing the axe and spell aspects of Krager.

[sblock=Krager]Krager CR 2 (1000 xp)
Male Dwarf Priest 2 (Hanseath)
CG Medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen +3, Spot +5
Languages Common, Dwarven
-----------------------------------------------------------------
AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16
hp: 20 (2d8+6) (2 HD)
Fort +8, Ref +1, Will +6
Spd 15 ft. (20 ft out of armor)
Melee +4 (1d12+3/x3/S)
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Combat Possessions MW Greataxe
Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10
SQ 60’ Darkvision; +2 to all saves vs spells and spell-like effects and poisons; Stonecunning; +2 to all Craft skill checks with metal or stone; +2 to all Appraise checks that have to do with stone or metal items; +1 to all Attack rolls against orcs and goblinoid creatures; +4 Dodge bonus against Giants.
Class Features Proficient with all Simple Weapons and all types of Armor and Shields, except Tower Shields; Can cast divine spells; Turn Undead; Spontaneous Casting of Cure spells; Cannot cast Evil spells; Strength Domain: Perform a feat of strength as a supernatural ability (enhancement bonus equal to cleric level and effect lasts one round/once per day); War Domain: Martial Weapon Prof and Weapon Focus (Greataxe)
Feats: Great Fortitude
Skills Concentration +6, Heal +6, Spot +5(cc)

Possessions combat possessions plus MW Banded Mail, Silver Holy symbol of Hanseath, Backpack, Bedroll [/sblock]

[sblock=Advancement]
L1->Priest 1 HP: (1d8+3) SP: 8 (+2x4)
Feats: Great Fortitude
Skills: Heal +2, Spot +2cc, Concentration +2

L2->Priest 2 HP: (1d8+3, 9 hp (75% avg + Con) SP: 2 (2+0)
Skills: Heal +1, Concentration +1 [/sblock]

[sblock=Background] Work in progress [/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance and Personality] Krager is broad shouldered, heavily muscled, with a shaved head and a pair of predatory emerald eyes. Multiple piercings cover his face, from his eyebrows to his lips. A thin scar starts just below his right eye and curves to his chin. His armor is well worn, but serviceable, and the greataxe he carries at his side, with Hanseath’s symbol is etched on the heads, is obviously a masterfully crafted blade. Around his neck, he wears a silver medallion of Hanseath, but if anyone was able to examine it, they would be able to see the many small dents and scratches it has accumulated since Krager first had it placed around his neck.

While many priests preach about the wonders of their faith, Krager believes that the best sermons are delivered through action. As such, he does not mix words and he speaks his mind freely and bluntly. While he has been known to ruffle a few feathers among the other good clergymen he has encountered, especially those who have a less aggressive mindset than he does, none can argue that the paths he travels aren’t a little more interesting when he is around.

Although his family will never admit, they are disappointed that Krager did not follow in his father and grandfather’s footsteps of serving in the ranks of the All Father’s priests; neither will they admit that their son is doing the right thing in their opinion by spending his days and nights brawling and carousing in the name of Hanseath.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Hi! Little late, but I'd like to throw in someone. Let's see...what can I do that no one else is?...

Aha!

Tranis Brell, CN Human Warlock

[sblock=background]
Tranis Brell is an outcast from society due to the pact his ancestor, whose name is widely considered unspeakable, made with one of the Aboleth Elder Evils. Intitially, he believed his gifts a curse, until confronted by a mob of torch-wielding villagers. He managed to call upon his dark powers to escape the mob, but feels guilty about the death toll to this day. He once tried to quash his hideous magicks, but no more could quash the power then cut off his own feet. So he has wielded his powers as he has felt fit, trying to redeem his good name and remove the abberant stain on his reputation forever.
[/sblock]

Tranis Brell
Human Warlock 2

Str 8 (-1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 10 (+0)
Cha 16 (+3)

Speed 30 ft
BAB: +1
HP: 14
AC: 16 (t 13, FF 13
Saves:
Fort +2
Ref +3
Will +3

Attack: Eldritch Blast +4 (1d6), morningstar +1 (1d8-1)

Skills: Bluff +8, Concentration +7, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot,

Invocations: Eldritch Blast, See the Unseen, Baleful Utterance,

Other Special Abilities: Detect Magic at will,

Possessions: studded leather armor, masterwork morningstar, scroll of sleep (2), scroll of cure light wounds (2), backpack, waterskin, bedroll, scroll of color spray (2), 60 gp, 9 sp

Languages: Common, Illithid
[sblock=appearance]
Tranis is a tall (6'4") man. He exerts an otherworldly influence on others, so he gets his way if need be. He has light skin, dark hair, and a mustache with no beard.
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I am sorry. I had no idea this has started and that I have been accepted.
Cool!

It will take me a little bit to get caught up. I do not see myself on the map. I assume that I am there somewhere? :uhoh:

Could links be provided to the IC and RG threads. I think I have them or am I completely confused?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads