S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
Unless I'm confused, Beamer's a Sorceror.
:eek:

Ok, that's one more thing we could sell. Shall we sell it all but the Pearl, and Father E gets that, we all split the rest of the money?

Bront

The man with the probe
Manz: Juliana wants to find someone to help her do a Psychic Reformation (4th level Psi power), and she should have the money (and if not, I have GM credits). Any chance she'll be able to do that either between S2 and S3 or durring S3? And if not, think you mind running a little side thing for her as she heads back to the tavern?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Loot Calculations: ]
[sblock=Fort Battle: (Razh, Ogrin, Nodis, and Talbin)]
+2 Studded Leather armor (medium) [4175gp]
+1 Breastplate armor (medium) [1350gp]
MW Greatsword [350gp]
MW Double Axe [360gp]
Amulet of Health +2 [4000gp]
Cloak of Resistance +2 [4000gp]
2 potions of CLW [50gp each]
10 gp
2 rubies [500gp each]

50% Value of Items = 7167.5 gp
100% Value of Money and Gems = 1010 gp
Identification of Magical Items = 124 gp * 4 = 496 gp
Total liquidated value = 7681.5 gp / 4 = 1920.375 gp per person

Notes: Razh would like the potions, otherwise I'm for selling everything and splitting the cash.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wilderness Battle: (Everybody)]
Robe of Useful Items [7000gp]
Ring of Feather Falling [2200gp]
Pearl of Power (2nd level) [4000gp] Eusebius
Spellbook (17 cantrips [9 pgs], 9 L1 [9 pgs], 7 L2 [14 pgs], 4 L3 [12 pgs] = 44 pgs) [2200gp]
200 gp
Wagon [35gp]
2 heavy horses [200gp each]

50% Value of Items = 7817.5 gp
100% Value of Money and Gems = 200 gp
Identification of Magical Items = 124 gp * 3 = 372 gp
Total liquidated value = 7645.5 gp / 8 = 955.6875 gp per person

Notes: While I understand that Eusebius might benefit greatly from the power pearl, it's not very fair to the other 7 of us, since at 4500 gp sell value (Incorrect value, corrected above), it's worth more than 3 times his share of the loot. Unless Eusebius has the funds to compensate, or is willing to be indebted to us, I think we should sell it.

I can't speak for anyone but Rasereit, but he would demand a full share, and unless he's adventuring with Eusebius, he won't take an IOU. He'd probably demand a full share for Ogrin, too. ;)
[/sblock][/sblock]
In the bar with Ogrin, Rasereit expands upon the story, "Aye, 'tis all true, every word out o' 'is mouth!" spinning fantastical tales, "We were attacked by a great black dragon an' 'er stark mad son," and making absurd claims, "Ah wrestled a crocodile, Ah did. Naked we were, but Ah grappled that monster righ' there in its own fetid pool, drowned it in its own filth!"

Rasereit is pretty bummed about his horse dying in the battle, and he tells stories of his travels with both of his dead equine friends. "Ahh, Kerrin. She was me first real friend 'ere in the Overworld. An' this mare an' Ah, we were hittin' it off great. Greenskins took 'em both, monsters, the lot of 'em... Didn't even get a chance t'give 'er a name. Rest in peace, nameless one." He drinks deeply, enjoying a reprieve from the fighting.

When the adventurers reconvene...

Rasereit's comment on Tharok, "Bah! Good riddance! Why, Ah'll do the 'onors if ye want."

On the loot division (assuming everything has been identified), "Potions always seem t'come in 'andy, otherwise, Ah say we sell the lot an' split the cash."

When the Poto visitors bring up the weapon, Rasereit politely requests clarification. "Eh? What in the Gray Waste are ye blabberin' on about?" When the explanation is given, Rasereit grunts and sinks into quiet thought.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Rae, a Pearl of Power (2nd level) is worth 4000 gp, not 9000 gp. Apart from that, I completely agree with you (as would Eusebius) - it'd be unfair for E to walk off with an expensive item to the detriment of everybody else.

Having said that, he could certainly benefit from it (as could whoever was travelling with him - more healing, anyone?) I haven't got time now, but I'll look at his funds, and see if he could actually afford to pony up for it.

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Wilderness Battle: (Everybody) Revised]
Robe of Useful Items [7000gp]
Ring of Feather Falling [2200gp]
Pearl of Power (2nd level) [4000gp] Eusebius?
Spellbook (17 cantrips [9 pgs], 9 L1 [9 pgs], 7 L2 [14 pgs], 4 L3 [12 pgs] = 44 pgs) [2200gp]
200 gp
Wagon [35gp]
2 heavy horses [200gp each]

50% Value of Items = 7817.5 gp
100% Value of Money and Gems = 200 gp
Identification of Magical Items = 124 gp * 3 = 372 gp
Total liquidated value = 7645.5 gp / 8 = 955.6875 gp per person[/sblock]

OOC: At 4000, the sell value is 2000. If Father E can come up with the difference between his share and the pearl (1045.31), all should be good. He's close just from his split of the other treasure for him.

OOC2: Question. we did get our 400 gold in addition to the treasure we discussed earlier, right?

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Also, Juliana can help with any non-magical crafting needs if you have any. She needs to craft a few things herself if she can as well, depending on the state of time and her looking for a Psion, but she can craft just about anything non-magical weapon or armor wise, and probably for a fairly good sized discount.

Boddynock

First Post
Bront said:
'Nock, did you see my comments about the periapt vs the ring and amulet?
Yep, sorry - ran out of time. I'm just trying to cram my income tax preparation before my accountant arrives, so I really shouldn't even be reading the boards at the moment. :heh:

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:
Yep, sorry - ran out of time. I'm just trying to cram my income tax preparation before my accountant arrives, so I really shouldn't even be reading the boards at the moment. :heh:
Taxes? What's more important man? I'm disapointed in you.

:p

Remove ads