• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Saga] Star Wars: Rebels with Style OOC

OnlytheStrong said:
Sounds good to me. I want Kyne to be in between a newbie pilot and an Ace. Truth be told I am wanting to take him into the Ace Pilot PrC.

Seems like a good thing to aim for with him. This does compel me to mention that since we do have a diverse group, skill-set wise, there definitely will be chances for everyone to shine in their own thing. Just feel that deserves a mention as sometimes things like pilots or mechanics, etc can get lost in the fold.

Shalimar said:
Kay Starglow

Looking over the stats, looks good to me. Though I'll likely go through them all one last time before the game starts to make sure.

drothgery said:
FWIW, if we manage to last a few levels, Istara's probably flipping back to Noble for levels 5 & 6 to take Wealth (with only one level noble, I thought Connections was more important), which ought to give something of a start there.

Can't see that hurting. But I do expect, one way or another, you guys will end up with access to some kind of ship. Be it issued by the Alliance, bought, or whatever, it'll obviously be pretty helpful to have something as things get moving.

FreeXenon said:
Please let me know if there is a way to improve or correct this.

Seems fine to me. Definitely liking how this group is coming together. Going to have some...interesting personality types here, it seems.

possum

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Only thing about the Independence is that its technically the flagship of the Alliance until just prior to the Battle of Endor...so its not exactly the safest place. But its a minor thing.

Though from the background, I'm kind of at a loss to where you're going with the character, stat-wise. Background is good but it doesn't really do much of implying where the character fits in with the group so I can't really say much else on that.

I was thinking about scout, personally, mainly because of her background study in xenoanthropology and a bit of work in the subject for the Alliance previously.

[sblock]
Lia Merridon
Female Human Scout 4

Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14.

BAB: +3

Fort: (1+4+2+10)=17
Ref: (2+3+4+10)=19
Will: (0+4+3+10)=16

HP: 35+3d8

Skills: 7 trained

Initiative: (2+3+5)=+10
Jump: (2+2+5)=+9
Knowledge (Galactic Lore): (2+2+5)=+9
Knowledge (Life sciences): +9
Knowledge (social sciences): +9
Pilot: +10
Stealth: +10

Feats
S: WP: Pistols, WP: Rifles, WP: simple
1: Point Blank Shot
1: Dodge
2: Skill Focus: Knowledge (Life Sciences)
3: Skill Focus: Knowledge (Social Sciences)
4: Skill Focus: Stealth

Talents

Acute Senses
Improved Initiative

Weapon: Blaster pistol: 1d20+6, 3d6+2.

Equipment: long range comlink, credit chip, datapad, 10 datacards, glow rod, flight suit, liquid cable dispenser, ration pack.

Description:

Height: 1.6 meters (according to my calculations, that should be about 5'4", right?)
Weight: 56 kg
Hair: brown
Eyes: hazel[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
If we are mentioning which Prestige Classes we are aiming for, Kay is heading towards Gunslinger and Officer.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
You know this isn't an excessively powergamed group when you get three proposed PCs trained in Knowledge(social sciences), two of them with Skill Focus there. Admittedly, Istara's background is economics (so I might move her skill focus to beuaracracy just to avoid redundancy), Lia's is xenoanthropology, and Kay's is sociology/criminology, but still...

possum said:
Lia Merridon

Beyond the lack of talents...looks good. :)

Shalimar said:
If we are mentioning which Prestige Classes we are aiming for, Kay is heading towards Gunslinger and Officer.

Sounds good to me.

Just remember, as it seems to have been a bit missed or glossed over somewhat, that this first adventure is going to be short, with some pretty simple goals that shouldn't take long to accomplish. After which, we'll likely jump ahead a few months and all the PCs will likely get one or two more levels before we get into the next stuff.

drothgery said:
You know this isn't an excessively powergamed group when you get three proposed PCs trained in Knowledge(social sciences), two of them with Skill Focus there. Admittedly, Istara's background is economics (so I might move her skill focus to beuaracracy just to avoid redundancy), Lia's is xenoanthropology, and Kay's is sociology/criminology, but still...

I like seeing a group of smart people! :) Even with all the Knowledge flying around, the group still seems capable enough in a fight. And we still haven't seen all the stats just yet.

drothgery

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I like seeing a group of smart people! :) Even with all the Knowledge flying around, the group still seems capable enough in a fight. And we still haven't seen all the stats just yet.

Well, after re-reading the knowledge skill categorizations in the core rulebook, I decided to slide her specialization over to bureacracy (which seems like a better fit for her economics/high finance background), and switch social sciences to physical sciences (because math falls in there).

She's not all that good in a fight (no combat skills or feats beyond what she gets for free, although she has a modified blaster), but she should be okay as long as she stays behind cover...

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Is it possible to purchase items that are like masterwork (+1 to hit) or something else like that. I have not seen this in the rules anywhere.

Is it also possible to have a outlaw-tech or whoever to have 'modified' our equipment?

I have seen in a game a rifle with Accuracy +1

Shalimar

First Post
The rules for that are published in the starship book. There are no masterwork items, but there are customized items.

The cost to buy a customized item is:
Item Cost + 1/10(Item Cost)
or
Item Cost + 1000
whichever is higher

any item can only have one customization.
On weapons the three availible options are:
+1 Accuracy
+2 Damage
Autofire/Single Fire adjustment giving a weapon with only 1 mode the ability to toggle both modes

Remove ads