Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Y'know, I've killed an inordinate amount of PC's with death throes of one kind or another over the years. They really can be extremely dangerous.

Great update!

theskyfullofdust

First Post
FLICKER!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Poor little guy, blown to bits by an exploding dragon. May he rest in pieces ;)

Great update. You really know how to work an epic battle. Considering this is 3.5, how hard/time consuming is it to design these encounters?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
*stares agape at halfling entrails smearing their way down a wall of force.

*blinks. rubs eyes. looks again.

*stares agape as tears form in his eyes.*

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And were it not for the indominability, which left her at 1 hp, I believe Morningstar would have been at -45. Something absurd like that. Just brutal.

That was awesome! Great thinking on Kibi's player's part to bring the walls down.

Is this the first time Flicker has died? Anyone remember who's all died, at what points, and if anyone has bit it more than once?

Tamlyn

Explorer
I think Flicker has died at least once before and when he came back was told to focus on Rogue levels.

Of course, I may be wrong.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
I think Flicker has died at least once before and when he came back was told to focus on Rogue levels.

Of course, I may be wrong.
Wrong, but close! :)

When Mrs. Horn died (the first death in the Company), Flicker decided himself to focus on rogue levels.

Other deaths:

Ernie, killed by anvil-handed golems
Aravis, killed by Null Shadows
Grey Wolf, Kay, Makel and One Certain Step, all "killed" in the Crosser's Maze, but they were alive again when the rest escaped. Those so slain suffered irrevocable wisdom loss.
One Certain Step, Makel and Snokas were also all killed in more conventional ways. It's a tough world for NPC's!

Interestingly, the killed characters have been brought back to life in every single case, though Makel and One Certain Step went on to die again in more heroic fashions.

RedTonic

First Post
Yay! The SH update made the rail commute up to Boston bearable this morning.

If I may ask, assuming it's not too off-topic, have you house-ruled any 3.5e spell modifications? I remember discussion about houserules previously, but I can't recall if they were for 2e/3e. Or do you keep divine and arcane magic (excepting custom spells) RAW?

Everett

First Post
Wrong, but close! :)

When Mrs. Horn died (the first death in the Company), Flicker decided himself to focus on rogue levels.

Other deaths:

Ernie, killed by anvil-handed golems
Aravis, killed by Null Shadows
Grey Wolf, Kay, Makel and One Certain Step, all "killed" in the Crosser's Maze, but they were alive again when the rest escaped. Those so slain suffered irrevocable wisdom loss.
One Certain Step, Makel and Snokas were also all killed in more conventional ways. It's a tough world for NPC's!

Interestingly, the killed characters have been brought back to life in every single case, though Makel and One Certain Step went on to die again in more heroic fashions.

At this point, OCS is still the last character they lost who stayed dead, and his death was a long-coming plot point. Makel's was a plot point as well.

I assume they'll ressurect Flicker, but in the middle of Mordor...?

Remove ads