Salvage Operations OOC Thread

Tonks

First Post
Malvoisin is starting the Savage Tide Campaign soon, and I thought a synergetic game might help flesh out the town that he will be using. It would also give me a chance to try and do a short and simple game here as well.

The module is from Dungeon 123 and while I will toughen up some things, it will be pretty much straight from magazine. Since Sasserine will be the setting, I will open this up for six 1st/2nd level chars who are in the town in some capacity.

So if you have old chars that could work in a quick sea game, dust them off and let them see daylight again.

Char gen:

28pt char buy
Max starting wealth at level
Most all books are accepted for race and class, but with the shortness of the game complex chars might feel disappointed

The sooner I get six solid chars, the sooner we can start and see what happens.

1)Hafrogman - Dwarven Fighter
2) Watus - Human Cleric
3) Land Outcast - Human Sorc
4) Voadam - Human Acrobatic themed combatant
5) Stonegod- Dragon Shaman

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
Just wanted to add that this game is open to everyone, not just those who are interested in the Savage Tide game.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The setting for the STAP is going to be Sasserine, FYI (mentioned in the SCAP). Don't konw what other info is available.

Of course, starting at second, we'll need totally different characters. :)

Tonks

First Post
stonegod said:
The setting for the STAP is going to be Sasserine, FYI (mentioned in the SCAP). Don't konw what other info is available.

Of course, starting at second, we'll need totally different characters. :)

Then Sasserine it is, and I figured everyone has a char or two in the closet with games folding and some submissions not picked up. I could do this at lvl 1 also, but figured I would go with what was in the magazine as the recommended level. :)

Land Outcast

Explorer
Well... I know I can enter with the same character... Battle Sorcerer... k?

[sblock=Nicolai]Nicolai was murdered... or so... well, actually he wasn't, and better Cptn. Segrob and his pirates be certain that Nicolai be cold dead.

At the age of ten Nicolai entered under the service of a travelling merchant as cabin boy. He had always been apt for magic, it just wan't useful for him, at all; given that perspective, Nicolai trained to serve as an aide and scribe than other thing, he was kept around because he was just taken a liking of...

Yet he was unsatisfied. He wasn't born ambitious, sons of fishermen rarely are... But being a cabin boy for a succesful merciless merchant taught him ambition, taught him delicious power, about seizing every opportunity...

The storm, wonderful house of lightning, all those who dare happen upon you have to bow humbly, be them merchants, princes, or pirates.
The rain, thousands of bolts coming down to caress the ladies of the sea.
I will live the storm

Enchanted and enthralled he always took upon watch during storms.
Opportunities: so he handed in the planned journey to Cptn. Segrob and so he joined his crew
Ambition: he had realized that where he was he wouldn't rise, so he moved to adquire power...
Power: As Cptn. Segrob had power over him when he tried to move the crew of The Serpent onto mutiny.

After being marooned and returning through misterious means to the ports, after meeting once again the crew of The Serpent, after they thought to have left him dead, floating in the docks on that stormy night...
Nicolai moved under the guise of an old one-eyed beggar until he reached an inland town where he discarded the disguise... the tatoos on his forearms hidden by helpful leather bracers.

He no more knew what he though of pirates and pirate hunters, he no more knew what tho think about naval fleets and merchants. The question was: did he ever knew?

Now it was the time, inland he wouldn't have opportunity to sell his skills as sailor, but as warrior and mage... as a mage who breathed ozone from lighting strikes...

After getting the power I -Nicolai- need, The Serpent will no more be caressed by storms; the lighting, blinding, burning rejection will see to them to be under the waves!

And only then shall I rise over the waves... but I must learn patience... untill then...

Basically he is still a young man who doesn't know what to belive, by the time being what drives him is vengance, but aside from that he is empty, he's never had anyone on his side... he's still got much land and sea to see...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
Land Outcast: Stat him up and pick the level 1st or 2nd, and we will go from there. I will move you into slot #4 as the arcane guy.

Voadam

Legend
Tonks said:
I meant Complete Races and Complete "x" class books, Stormwrack, and other books like that.

What did you have in mind?

Fantasy Flight Games' Cityworks has an acrobat class, basically a western flavor non mystical monk (tumbles and speed concept). d8 HD, 4 skill points, 3/4 BAB, and strong reflexes. 4d4 x10 gp. Level 1 has free TWF with quarterstaff, some staff/acrobat skill synergies, a +1 bonus to flanking attacks (shared with allied flanker), the ability to change directions while charging, and +1 AC. Level 2 gives uncanny dodge.

Tonks

First Post
Voadam said:
Fantasy Flight Games' Cityworks has an acrobat class, basically a western flavor non mystical monk (tumbles and speed concept). d8 HD, 4 skill points, 3/4 BAB, and strong reflexes. 4d4 x10 gp. Level 1 has free TWF with quarterstaff, some staff/acrobat skill synergies, a +1 bonus to flanking attacks (shared with allied flanker), the ability to change directions while charging, and +1 AC. Level 2 gives uncanny dodge.

Sounds alright to me. Go ahead and work him up and I will put you in one of the two extra slots. Just have a little bit of why he is in the coastal town with skills like that..:)

Remove ads