[San Antonio] D&D 5e: Greyhawk, City of Thieves

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Howdy! :)

My name is Theo, and I am the head GM of the San Antonio Power Gamers. We are a group of tabletop RPG gamers who like to get together, hang out, roll dice, kill monsters, and take their stuff. We get together every Monday night and we are looking for one or two like-minded players to join us for kick-in-the-door, monster-smashing, loot-grabbing action. We have been gaming together for many years, and though the group has changed slightly over that time, we have a core group of dedicated gamers that have been with us for a long time.

First and foremost, we are looking for loyal, dedicated gamers who can commit to a reliable weekly gaming session every Monday night from about 6:30 PM to about 10:30 PM; you must have reliable transportation as well as a personal life that will accommodate such a schedule. I will be frank here: if you cannot commit to this, we are not interested in having you. We do not require 100% attendance; true emergencies happen and occasionally real-life interferes with our hobby so we understand that. Unfortunately, we have allowed a number of players to join us intermittently in the past and scheduling conflicts or other issues have prevented them from having an acceptable level attendance. :-S This disrupts the immersion and narrative for us.

Spouses and Significant Others are welcome but ONLY if they share an actual interest in the hobby. No tag-alongs, please. We are accepting of any ethnicity, race, creed, color, background or however you see yourself and welcome anyone else with a similar attitude. Code of Conduct is simple: 21+ Do not be a dick, and be cool with adult conversation (not for kids). You play as a team or not at all. :angel: See? Simple. For details on the start date and location, see below.

Now, let me talk about the campaign. Although we have a long-running campaign going on, we are considering playing D&D 5th Edition. But before we all rush out to buy the books, we are going to play an adventure using the basic rules found HERE. The adventure will be an original written by me and inspired by old AD&D Greyhawk modules. The theme is old-school dungeon-crawl. We will start at the entrance of the dungeon and continue playing until the player characters are dead or decide flee back to town. Players will use the "Starter Set" characters HERE (but ignore the "fluff in the background because we will be playing in Greyhawk, not Forgotten Realms). Players will be allowed to make minor changes to characters, but the whole point is to see how the mechanics of 5th Edition work in practice, not fiddle with character building. For this special event, we will be allowing brand new players to come and join us. You get to see how we play and whether it fits your style, and we will have the opportunity to get acquainted with some new players interested in joining us for the long term.

We are running a long-established Pathfinder campaign which started years ago as a D&D 3.5 game. If we enjoy our 5th edition game as a group (I am in favor of it but have promised not to change systems unless I have the unanimous consent of the group), we have decided to fast-track our current Pathfinder campaign and bring it to a satisfying conclusion. If your gaming style and tastes are compatible with ours, you will be invited to join us for the remainder of our Pathfinder campaign and then play with us when we start up our 5th edition campaign, likely sometime in the summer. So prospective players should be open to the possibility of playing Pathfinder for a few months before we start playing 5th edition. For info on our current campaign, you can visit our extensively detailed Obsidian Portal site HERE.

The location of our event is Magic Beans, a new gaming store opening up on 15139 Bulverde Rd in San Antonio, TX. It is on the northeast side of town so be sure to account properly for travel time. The owner is a friend of mine and has graciously offered to be our host for this D&D event. As with any Friendly Local Gaming Store, please be courteous to our host and the game space. The start date will either be Feb. 9 or Feb. 16. This depends on whether we finish the present story arc for the current campaign next week or not.

Please get in touch with me via PM if you are interested. Post here if you have questions. I will be watching this thread closely for the next two weeks.

Remove ads