SAT AM: Miss Him, Miss Him, Miss Him (Time & Temp)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm not fussing about 6:59. :)

One or both of my reserved slots may be disappearing, so most folks will probably be in good shape. I am considering adding a 7th PC, as I don't think it will have a big impact of the game's speed, but I want to check with Epidiah first to see what his experience is. You guys are my guinea pigs for running Time & Temp. Bwah ha ha!

Attached in BCE's Employee Handbook, reproduced with the knowledge and permission of Browne Chronometric Engineering (and the game's author!) I'd like my players to please read it and then post their character concept - a low-paid temp worker from some point in history.

Attachments

• bce-employee-handbook.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

DaveStebbins

First Post
I'll play Alt #2 if that's still open.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently Rel got lost counting to one (reserved space), so I am in his game in this slot.

Last edited:

Fraisala

First Post
Attached in BCE's Employee Handbook, reproduced with the knowledge and permission of Browne Chronometric Engineering (and the game's author!) I'd like my players to please read it and then post their character concept - a low-paid temp worker from some point in history.

Is there any guidance available on the kinds of things a good time&temp character should be expected to do? The handbook seems to cover a good deal of what *not* to do, but I still feel a little lost.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Don't worry about making a "good" character, just think of a fun personality, and remember that most temps are present-day slackers - vikings and such as PCs are the exception, not the rule. Character generation is easy: you write a brief resume that is three of the following.

Job, achievement, Academic history or hobby
- Related skill or trait
- Related skill or trait

So your character Josie, an aspiring actress who is falling on very hard times in getting her career started, might have a resume that looks like this:

Josie Quinter

Actress, "Depends" commercial
- Innovative "improv" commercial making allowed her to create own script
- Cited for excellence in "convincingly bringing home the reality of quirky bladders to young Americans" by the Adult Diaper Council of America (ADCA)

Actress (extra), "Days of our Guiding Light" soap opera (2 episodes), New York, NY
- Skilled actress in non-speaking crowd scenes
- Proficient in celebrity imitations

Head Cheerleader, Anna Nicole Smith Memorial High School, Los Angeles CA
- Lead school spirit celebration
- Raised over $12,000 in school fundraiser for Spring trip
And that's it! Nice and simple.

madwabbit

First Post
Regretfully, I'm going to exit this game, so that either TU or DG can take my spot. If it were up to me, I'd go with the prettier one, but of course, it's not up to me (and P-cat's definition of pretty might not match mine).

I do hope to get a chance to play this again in the future, as I'm sure it will undoubtedly be awesome.

Remove ads