• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Species Thri-Kreen Advancement ?

Mystendanian

First Post
My character is a non-psionic Thri-Kreen 6th-lvl fighter (total ECL of 9).

I just hit 6th lvl - my question is this:

He dual-weilds 2 Gythkas and has:
  • +6/+1 BAB as a 6th-lvl fighter
  • +2 BAB from the Thri-Kreen race
  • +4 STR modifier
  • Multi-weapon fighting feat
  • Multi-Dexterity feat
  • Weapon Focus (Gythka) feat
  • Weapon Specialization (Gythka) feat

So, am I correct in figuring his attacks to be:

+11/+6 (for the "primary hand" end of the gythka) and +11/+11/+11 (for all 3 "off-hand" attacks)?

And for his damage, do we say the primary hand end of the gythka does normal strength damage and all "off hands" do 1/2 STR damage? So, would his dmg be:

+6/+6 and +4/+4/+4?

Or, is the STR modifier applied differently to double weapons?

Thanks for your expertise,

Myst

gtJormungand

First Post
Mystendanian said:
So, am I correct in figuring his attacks to be:

+11/+6 (for the "primary hand" end of the gythka) and +11/+11/+11 (for all 3 "off-hand" attacks)?

And for his damage, do we say the primary hand end of the gythka does normal strength damage and all "off hands" do 1/2 STR damage? So, would his dmg be:

+6/+6 and +4/+4/+4?

Yup, looks good.

Spatula

Explorer
In order to get the more favorable -2/-2 2WF penalties, all your off-hand weapons must be light weapons. When fighting with both ends of a double weapon like the gythka, only one end is treated as a light weapon. So your attack bonuses would be +9/+4 (primary) and +9/+9/+9 (off-hands). You'd also get a bite attack.

You're right about the strength damage for each hand. The bite attack also only gets half your STR bonus to damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads